Monday, October 4, 2010

after all that talk.....

I've decided I'm forgoing Mulberry For Target. Yup. After all that ballyhoo I made, I've come to the difficult decision to forgo getting anything from the Mulberry For Target collection when it launches this coming weekend. The collection is supposed to be available through to December and usually the prices will have gone waaaay down but I can't guarantee the ones I'm interested in will still be in stock by the time I am fiscally able to splurge on them.

But I sure am excited about my new Chloe Paraty II sunnies in black that I just got off of Ideeli.com! Yessiree, I am forgoing the Mulberry For Target collection cos I just made a spontaneous sunglasses buy on Ideeli.

It all started because my sister is in this phase where she's doggedly trying to channel Rachel Zoe's style down to a tee. The Chloe event on Ideeli supposedly featured a pair of sunnies that Rachel Zoe has and was gushing over in the last epi of this season's The Rachel Zoe Project (btw, can't believe RZ and Brad have parted ways, will truly miss you, B!). Upon her request, I went into said event to take a look at these majoh pair and gave my seal of approval.

Then I spotted a pair that I fell in love with - the Chloe Paraty in tortoise. I told my sis that if she was getting a pair then I wanted the Chloe Paraty in tortoise. This convo is going on via a long distance phone call in 2 different countries. She looked and wanted to confirm the model was Chloe Paraty and not the Chloe Paraty II. I hadn't noticed there were two iterations of the Paraty and had another look and when I saw the Paraty II, decided that this is the better fit for me.

The difference is subtle - the Paraty has a more square frame while the Paraty II is more rounded. The colour choices for the Paraty II are better than what's available for the Paraty although the tortoise version of the Paraty II did not appeal to me and that's why I went with basic black. I actually loved the old pink shades but I can't invest in a pair of designer sunnies sight unseen and without trying. By default, black sunnies goes great on every skintone so I knew I was taking the safer route by picking black.


Retail price of the Chloe Paraty II is USD355. Ideeli price for the Chloe Paraty II is USD99. NINETY NINE BUCKS, Y'ALL! Can you believe this? I got these great shades for 99 bucks. That's a whole lotta savings for which I'm just too lazy too count! And the best part is - Made In France! None of that Made In China stuff, it's bona fide coming from the shores of Francais, woohoo!

So that's why I will not be getting anything from the Mulberry For Target line this Sunday. You can tell I want to from the number of times I've mentioned the collection but even I know there's a fine line between frivolity and stupidity. But its worth forgoing when in exchange I get to own my second pair of designer sunnies paid for by myself - at least this time, it's brand spanking new :D

Disclaimer: Got the image off of Ideeli.com