Friday, October 8, 2010

surprise, surprise

After 'seriously weighing' the decisions in the previous post and concluding there will not be an immediate purchase from the Mulberry For Target collection, I thought I'd go take a look at Walmart.com.

I had mentioned wanting two pairs of jeans from the Signature by Levi Strauss Totally Slimming collection and thought since I was not going to get the bag and I had about 29 bucks from the KMart cancelation, I'd go see if Walmart wanted my business.

I wasn't totally serious about getting them today but when I took into consideration the upcoming Black Friday/Cyber Monday events, I figured I'd rather be paying full price than missing out on the jeans completely. So that's how I ended up with Signature by Levi Strauss & Co. - Women's Totally Slimming Slim Leg in Raven and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co. - Women's Totally Slimming Flare Jeans in Baltic. Both jeans can only be found at Walmart. I have tried google shopping them but the results only turn out one site :)


Personally, I don't know which pair I'm more excited about. I'm loving the thought of a shape control pair of skinny jeans and what better colour than black to give off that overall slimming effect. I am intrigued to see if the slim leg cut will be flattering for my body shape and am sincerely hoping that I can pair this with both flats/heels and still look good either way. So far when it comes to skinny jeans, I can only carry them off with heels cos otherwise, my legs look kinda stumpy :P I truly wanted this particular style really badly and am glad that I got it now.

The flare is something I got mainly because I did not see this cut anywhere else and I thought it looked tres cute. I am very much liking the design - it is very 70's chic and I can see a Rachel Zoe-esque vibe going on here. The colour is a completely retro light blue and I think the cut of the jeans will be flattering despite my concerns about the tapered leg. A reviewer commented that the leg opening was too tight and though it has me wondering if the sizing will be spot on like the pair I got from KMart, I'm still loving the look of these jeans. The price was $19.95 each which totaled to $39.90.


I was okay to check out but I thought I might as well have a look at the beauty section for a re-purchase of my new favourite foundation, Revlon PhotoReady Foundation in medium beige. I have been using this every working day for the past 3 weeks and so far I think this is one of the best foundations I have used bar none. Looking at some Youtube beauty vlogs, its been said that this foundation is the duplicate of Makeup Forever's HD foundation line. I have never used Makeup Forever but if the claims are true, I am majorly happy with my drugstore version. The best thing about it is that it doesn't cause my face to break out. It covers facial imperfections nicely and I love how it makes the skin look dewy and smooth. Icing on top is its SPF20, fragrance free and oil free - all lovely buzz words for a sensitive skin gal like moi. I am a fan and that's why I decided to get another bottle and I got it for the great price of $11.97.

All in all inclusive of shipping, I was charged $54.78 which I consider a reasonable total for my Walmart haul.