Sunday, October 24, 2010

i just took the plunge.....

.....and decided to go ahead and invest in a Clarisonic skin cleaning system. I had mentioned my intentions of getting a Clarisonic Mia but I had thought of waiting for the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales events. However, great testimony on behalf of the Clarisonic system by my sister and my own observations of ow her skin texture has improved since she received her Clarisonic Pro system convinced me to just go for it.

Initially I was dead set on getting the pink Clarisonic Mia as I still wanted to start my shopping for a cause bit but when push came to shove, I ended up instead with the Clarisonic Plus Philosophy set with Spot Therapy Kit. For the exceptionally great price of USD203.50. I think that's really quite a bargain since the set retails for $225 for just the Clarisonic Plus Philosophy system. I got my set off of eBay and this seller was auctioning the Clarisonic Plus Philosophy system with two additional brushes. If I remember correctly, the system on its own comes with the body brush and a sensitive brush head but this also comes with one delicate brush head and one normal brush head.


Besides the skin clearing system, the set also cotains Philosophy's Purity Made Simple facial cleanser, Hope In A Jar moisturiser and a Cinnamon Buns 3-In-1 wash. The facial cleanser and body wash are to be used with the respective corresponding brushes in the Clarisonic system while the moisturiser is sorta like a bonus. Using the Clarisonic system, moisturising products apaprently will get absorb better and this will ultimately lead to better looking skin.

Now, if I'm honest, I'm ambivalent about the face products since I have tried the Purity cleanser before and I don't think it did anything for me and I think I still have some other Philosophy acne-related product that did not work for me either. So that makes it 0 for 2. But, with this new system, I am willing to give the cleanser another go. I have had great experiences with the Philosophy range of body washes so I'm completely stoked to get the Cinnamon Buns wash since I'm going through a phase of loveing ALL cinnamon-y scents and I've never tried this scent before.

The thorough listing for this Clarisonic Plus system is as below:

CLARISONIC PLUS PHILOSOPHY FACE AND BODY DELUXE COLLECTION

- waterproof, rechargeable sonic skin cleansing

- all skin types

- 3 speeds for the face

- one rechargeable Clarisonic Plus

- one body brush head

- one delicate brush head

- one sensitive brush head

- one normal brush head

- one universal charging cradle

- one purity made simple cleanser - 8 fl. oz. / 236.6 ml

- one cinnamon buns shamoo, shower gel & bubble bath - 16 fl. oz. / 480 ml

- one hope in a jar - 0.5 oz.

A description of the system reads as such:

"It cleanses so well that products absorb better, pores appear smaller, and your skin's tone and texture improve. Just one minute a day, for the best skin of your life.

Sonic cleansing is not just for your face anymore. This set includes the body brush head to gently care for areas of the body needibg extra attention.

Directions:
Use for one minute twice a day, every day. Waterproof, so you can use in the shower or tub.
"


I'm really curious and mildly excited to try this system out as I am intrigued by all the reviews and comments that mention the difference between simply washing your face as per normal and using this system. Apparently the skin will feel the cleanest of clean, if that makes any grammatical sense, hehe. Many have said that there's no going back after trying the Clarisonic systems. I have also read that there is a potential for breakouts to occur at the beginning of use but what further skin aggravation could cause me more skin woes than I'm already facing now? I'm game to sticking through any rough periods of usage for a maximum of two weeks. I'm also hoping that by the time I begin this system, my skin will have bounced back significantly because I'd have started my Nature's Cure Acne 2-Part System pills by then.

Actually, my skin has improved quite a bit since I last blogged about my skin issues. I think it's a combo of twice daily washes with the Lush Ocean Salt facial cleanser, the balance of my Boots Tea Tree + Witch Hazel toner, my Garnier Skin Naturals Light Overnight Whitening Peeling Cream and the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion. My skin has calmed down somewhat and I'm hoping the pills will help speed up the regeneration and healing process as well keep those hormones (or whatever else that is causing my breakouts) at bay.

Btw, the image is courtesy of the seller's listing and is the exact system that I won. And that's my most latest online purchase - I am super excited to receive it :)