Saturday, October 23, 2010

October(clothes)fest

What else is new with me - of course I'm buying stuff, I wouldn't be Zlena if I didn't!


So this is just gonna be a clothes-centric entry since there are a few other things I wanted to post on and I think they should have their own entries. First up is what I've been calling my Pretty-In-Pink confection - the Macy's Material Girl pink lace bodycon dress. Thoughts: I do like the dress even if the neckline is too wide for me. I guess it's because I don't have the boobs to pull of such a low and wide neckline. Hey, I'm honest about any shortcomings :D Other than that, I think this dress is really pretty and feminine and it makes me feel just that: Pretty & Feminine. I even think that it looks really great for work when paired with my latest blazer buy that I got during Sunday shopping with my sis this last trip back to Homeland (yes, yes, I know I should STOP getting blazers; just couldn't help myself - that whole deconstructed, slouchy look, cotton/fleece material and the breast pocket reeled me in).


Another thing that I got from Homeland was this totally cute 3/4 sleeve oversized bow tee. Well, it really isn't an oversized style tee but I thought that with the bow design on the front it would make a better oversized shirt for me than a fitted one so I just got it in a much larger size - I think that's an XL. I like that the bow is a grey shade on a black background. It's simple and at a glance it would appear as if the bow was a simple screen print tee but it's actually made out of tiny velvet bits that come together to form a big giant bow. Sometimes I think it might give off the impression I'm gifting my boobs, lol, but that doesn't make me love the tee any less. It's been reaping its ROI since I got it. In this pic I paired it with my faux denim leggings and my patent black pumps.

Next up we have this quarter sleeve thin black cardie and floral print scarf. I got the black cardigan, initially, to wear over the Material Girl lace dress but when I put them together the combo just didn't work. So instead, I'm wearing it over my KMart Attention long tank in black and the same faux denim leggings. To add some break from the monochrome-ish outfit, I added this totally kitsch and fabulous floral scarf I got from the market for $1.30. I actually got a bunch of them but this and a blue leopard print are my faves. I think the scarf really makes the outfit, hehe.

I also managed to get my hands on my Shape FX seamless tunic tank and have selflessly decided to post this pic of me wearing it. I also happen to be wearing my Spanx Mid Thigh Smoother under the tank. I don't think I did a post about that after I received it. That could be cos I haven't actually used the Spanx purchases yet. I did take this Shape FX tunic tank for a spin when I went to my friend's reception since I was wearing a dress. I think that overall it does help to hold those jiggly bits and bobs I haven't seem to be able to work off yet in place but the hemline tends to ride up a little so I might have unconsciously pulled them down without thinking a couple of times in front of people. Nonetheless, it does the trick and I am happy I went with a small. My Spanx are in M and I think that in retrospect, I should have gone for a small. The Spanx don't seem to be shaping enough for me in medium.

Also in my October(clothes)fest despite it being more of a different category is my new Vince Camuto tribal-inspired sandals. OMG, I am soooooooo ecstatic that the sandals look EXACTLY like they do in images. I love the overall look of these sandals. I'm still trying to break them in since with it being new, the double ankle straps are on the stiff side. I think once I've worn them in a little more, they'll be more comfortable cos the leather will be broken in. I've talked about my bunions and the difficulty I've faced in fitting shoes and there have been many occasions whereby I have had to forgo getting a pair because of a narrow fit or my bunions stick out oddly but these sandals cover them up strategically and actually make my feet look slimmer than they are. Again, the leather is still on the stiff side so there were moments where it felt uncomfortable but I did not get any blisters since I had slathered on my Scholl balm beforehand.

Other than that, I got 6 pairs of undies. And a belt. That's it for this haul. I cannot wait to get my hands on my Walmart package since it contains the Signature by Levi Strauss Totally Slimming slim leg and flare jeans as well as my KMart packages with my other Signature by Levi Strauss Totally Slimming midrise jeans, Selena Gomez's Dream Out Loud olive belted tunic and my green sports bra. I am thinking of getting some more clothes from Newport News since they are doing major clearance sales but don't know if I will have anything to buy by the time my credit card's billing cycle for next month begins in two weeks time. I did get a few other things which I will blog about after this :)