Monday, October 11, 2010

morning chit chat

Firstly I'd like to say I'm VERY proud of myself because I managed to avoid succumbing to my sometimes irrational shopaholic tendencies by not buying anything from the Mulberry For Target collection yesterday. Pat on the back, Zlena, baby steps :)

Second, I'd just like to say that I've had a relatively restful long holiday - been lazing around since Thursday - and am a lil bit sad that its coming to an end and I have to go to work again tomorrow.

Third, I'm glad it's just two days of work cos then I'm off back to Homeland for one of my high school gal pals wedding reception. She got married yesterday and her big reception is this Saturday night. What has me most excited is the fact that our lil girly clique will be reunited with all 6 of us being in the same country at the same time :D Usually we are missing two members - moi and friend based out of Oz - but this time the two overseas members are making the trek back to get together for the wedding. If I'm honest, I'm more thrilled about the slumber party we're having the day I arrive rather than the reception. I have completely missed Oz friend and can't wait to cath up with her. Last I saw her was when she came up for a visit to see me back in '07. It's been 3 years, our reunion was due :D

And last but not least, WOOHOO, let's Live It Up with Lee DeWyze! That's the title of his new album as well as the name of the first single which debuts this Wednesday on the Ryan Seacrest radio show! Was reading a quasi-review on the Billboard site and the 4 track sample they were sent got good feedback. Aside from the title track which is described as having the inspirational message that is usually attached to "Idol" winners' coronation single, they were also privy to Beautiful Like You, Me And My Jealousy as well as Dear Isabelle. I'm so glad the first impressions of the songs are positive and hopefully when the album drops on November 16 2010, the good times will keep on rolling for Lee :)


Ok, my morning has gone all rainy and its dark and my clothes are likely getting more than misted despite being under the portico. Hopefully the sun will come out blazing after this bout of rain so my laundry will dry. Truthfully though, I enjoy rainy days, it gives me a cozy/good feeling to be indoors enjoying some downtime while the world is being 'washed clean' outside.