Friday, October 1, 2010

kitchen endeavours

I realize September was kinda an off month on the blogging front what with my being away a lot so I've decided to come out swinging for October :D

Since I don't have anything of particular note to talk about, I figured I'd go to my standby strategy and just do a collage. And this time, instead of shopping hauls, I decided to put up a pictorial of my latest kitchen endeavours.


As you can see, it's nothing too crazy, in the past week I made my very first homemade chicken paprika pizza (cheated a lil by using wholemeal pita bread as the base), IKEA Swedish meatballs complete with a side of lingonberry sauce, chicken paprika tortillas (noticed the paprika is a running theme) and a batch of peanut butter cookies courtesy of a Betty Crocker mix (notice I've improved on the whole cookie baking front, yay!). Aside from the Swedish meatballs which I got from IKEA when I went back to Homeland and the Betty Crocker Peanut Butter cookie mix, the pizza and tortilla wraps were me taking creative license. Be that as it may, I thoroughly believe I pulled it out of the bag with both. In fact, the past week has been a successful one on the stove front - totally disregarding the whole aerosol spray fire incident of course, hehehe.