Wednesday, August 17, 2011

and the shoe shoe train just keeps on going

LOL, that's my massively lame attempt at word play. But it is somewhat spot on. If that glaringly obvious post title isn't glaringly obvious enough, I have made yet another shoe purchase - if you could see me now, I am hanging my head down in shame :P That's my fourth shoe in a month!

Right, I may feel a tad excessive with all the recent shoe-buying but trust me when I say, I have been wanting these shoes for ages! Yes, yes, I know I made this same claim in regards to the Newport News ruffle buckle pumps but this is also a pair of shoes I have been eyeing since I got my Dolce Vita For Target nude rope wedges. Target was also selling a low wedge heel version of the original Dolce Vita Marci sandal going for $29.99 and I had been debating whether to get a pair in black to complement my myriad of maxi dresses. I already have one pair of black gladiator wedge sandals with a full bead detail from Vince Camuto but it will not go with any of my print maxi dresses. And even though I have a gold hued gladiator sandal, I don't think I can convincingly rock them with every maxi I own - hey, part of being a fashion aficionado is also about knowing your limitations :D

So, I was kinda desperate to find an all black pair, something with a simple design, no details. I took too long to make my decision regarding the Target sandals and by the time I thought "YES, get'em", the shoes were already sold out. Getting the actual Dolce Vita Marci sandals were out of the question as they retail for $78.75. Since then I have been googling around trying to find another pair that appealed to me while fitting the budget I had in mind - around about 30 bucks or less. There were a few that caught my interest but none held me long enough to make me want to get them.

Until last night when I noticed that Haute Look was having a Dolce Vita shoes event. I went on to the site with the faint hope of seeing the Marci in the event and then I actually did see the shoes going for the AWESOMELY AFFORDABLE PRICE OF 28 BUCKS - FOR LEATHER SHOES Y'ALL! I made the decision there and then that if I was able to fight off the shark-like American bargainistas, I will without a doubt, immediately checkout.

I have to say, it was very, very touch and go there for the half hour I kept stalking the shoes. I was trying to get the pair in my usual 8.5 and at one point there was a pair that was released from hold but I wasn't quick enough to click on it and some other cyber shopper out there beat me to it. I didn't give up hope though, I kept refreshing that page like my life depended on it, hehehe. And suddenly, I saw the shoes in size 9 available. Without another thought, I clicked it into my cart, where I had 15 minutes to either checkout or back out (hahaha, my dorky humour strikes again!) and then I went on google to see what people were saying about the sizing of these particular shoes. Can I just say that I strongly believe that I was meant to get these Dolce Vita Marci sandals. The majority of the reviews that I had to speed read through, spanning multiple sites, agreed the shoes were sized a half smaller than usual, that most tried on their natural size and decided to size up cos the shoes fit a lil narrower on the front. Doesn't that seem like a sign I had to buy these sandals?

As can be seen, I bought the sandals. It was 28 bucks, genuine leather and it was what I wanted. In total, with shipping, i will be charged USD35.95. Am contented, finally have all my coveted shoes. I will not however make any bold proclamations of this being the last shoe purchase of the year. I'm realistic, Missoni For Target is coming up next month and I seem to think there's a pair of ballet flats from the line with my name on 'em, lol.

DISCLAIMER: First image of the Dolce Vita Marci shoes was "borrowed" from Shoes.com