Friday, August 19, 2011

i bought it!!!!!!!

I GOT MYSELF THE LINEA PELLE DYLAN MESSENGER IN ESPRESSO! OMG! SO EXCITED! BET YOU CAN'T TELL, LOL!


Ok, calm down, oh geez, my hands are a lil bit shaky as I type this, hehehe. Ok, ok, cool. Right, I know I just posted my handbag covet list and I was seriously talking about getting the Linea Pelle Dylan Messenger since I kept mentioning it in the past couple of posts but I never expected to go ahead and purchase it today. I was thinking sometime next month when I had a lil more financial room to breathe. Turns out, I had some room to maneuver RIGHT NOW! So, I took advantage of said space and made my move!

I was settling my personal finances with my sister and we were going through my AMEX billing. After the dust settled, I had a lil under 1000 bucks to spare for frivolousness and so I went for it! I had been stalking the Dylan messenger on Bluefly.com for a couple of days now and there were less than 10 pieces left. I had been hoping the inventory would stay relatively what it was while I waited for next month to roll around but now I totally don't have to so WOOHOO!

I actually became enamored with the Dylan messenger when I saw it slung across this chick's shoulder while we were both in line at my fave bakery cafe sometime earlier this year. She had the black one and it just looked like the most perfect balance of casual chic that I immediately wanted one of my own. That's great if the style was a recent release but since it's something from a coupla seasons ago, I had a tough time finding one. I was open to the black or the brown but all I could find was the orangey hued version which I knew I was NOT going to be able to pull off.

I can't remember why I decided to go looking for the messenger recently but as I google shopped it, I saw Bluefly had it in stock and it was on sale for $207.99. It's not the cheapest I've seen, the site was selling the orangey one for USD99 a few months back. And really, although at $207.99, I was still not pushed into getting it. Till I saw that Bluefly was giving an additional 30 bucks off of any 150 dollar order for new Bluefly newsletter subscribers. This would bring the price down to $177.99. I could get on board with it if it was less than 200 bucks! I knew once I could squeeze this purchase in, I would get the bag.

As it turns out, today was the day so YIPPEE! Right after I finalized payments with my sister, I told her I was going to be charging something to the card and she said, "Wateva! As long as we have done these payments, there's leeway for you to buy whatever you want". I took her rather muted "Hell yeah, go ahead" and did exactly that - buy my Linea Pelle Dylan Messenger in espresso.

All in all, with shipping, the total came to $185.94. Less than 200 bucks - am happy :D Can't wait to get all the new things now!


UPDATE:
Ok, new fave online merchant is def Bluefly.com. They are fast! Within a coupla hours of my order submisssion, they sent me an email stating my billing info had been verified and they would be processing my order. And just a few minutes ago, I got an email to say MY ORDER HAS SHIPPED! I have a tracking number already!


They are def the fastest merchants I've ever dealt with. I'm kinda stunned by how quick everything is :) Good on ya, Bluefly! Def the way to keep the customers coming back! I'm a fan! LIKE!