Monday, August 8, 2011

July's Shopping Expedition #3

Sucker for "Miss You" discounts in da house!!!!

What would an online shopping expedition be if I did not get something from my fave beauty site, Strawberrynet? Ok, my fave beauty site is really a toss-up between drugstore.com and Strawberrynet. But that is besides the point. As is the usual case, I received a loyalty email from SNet telling me how much they missed my money :) They were offering me an additional 5% discount on top of my 7.5% loyalty discount if I purchased 2 items or more. I had been looking over some stuff from the site but wasn't ready to make any commitments - that email spurred me to take the plunge.

When I get these sort of emails, I always invite people to share in my good fortune. I figure, why should SNet benefit from only my coffers - I shall encourage others to part with their hard earned cash as well. I told two of my colleagues about my additional discounts talking up the possibility of more discounts if more items were purchased. They each decided to get fragrances. Y, who is perfume crazy, got himself a huge 150ml bottle of CK In2U For Him while M got a 50ml bottle of LAMB by Gwen Stefani as a gift for his mom. M has been crazy over the scent since he sniffed it on me. He told me whether his mom will like it or not, he doesn't know but he damn well does. I lol-ed at that.

On SNet, when 2 items are put into the cart, an additional discount of 1% is automatically given. 3 items, the discount is upped to 2% and so on and so forth till a max of 5% for a cart filled with 6 items and more. Now I already had 2 items in the cart contributed by my colleagues which already qualified the purchase for the additional 5%. My original intent was just to get the Benefit It's Potent eye cream from the newly launched Benefit B.Right skincare line. My ROC eye cream tube is close to being all wrung out so I need a new tube/pot stat. I read a lot of great reviews about the Benefit It's Potent eye cream and figured at USD29, it was worth a try even prior to the discounts and all.

I also decided to get myself the Jane Iredale Pure Matte Finish Powder. It's basically a finishing powder that should compliment the Jane Iredale PurePressed Foundation powder I already own. I realized that as a foundation, the PurePressed is great but it does not control shine (just to be clear, the PurePressed Foundation Powder is not described as a shine-free powder, I just assumed since it was a pressed foundation that shine-free came with the territory). For that, i have had to use a seperate oil control powder to set the PurePressed foundation but I don't think what I'm using right now is agreeing with my skin. The appearance of little bumps on my cheek attests to that. So I figured, I might as well spend a little bit more (USD35) and get something from the Jane Iredale line. On a side note, I am hitting pan on my PurePressed in caramel and had already ordered a replacement compact but in the slightly lighter shade Riviera from drugstore.com. If I am not too lazy, I will put up a post on that purchase as well though it is still mid-shipment to Homeland.

I've been trying to find some kind of leave in hair treatment that will not make my hair into a stringy, greasy mess. I have watched soooo many Youtube beauty vids extolling the virtues of the Macadamia Natural Oil hair care range. I decided to splurge and get myself the 300ml bottle of the Nourishing Leave-In Cream. At the unit price of USD27.00, it's more than I have ever spent on something for my hair. I hope it'll work to overcome my dryness issues. The Garnier leave in cream I am currently using tends to make it not so much nourished but slick within a day after use.

Last but not least, it's my impulse buy. I had not thought about getting this at all, I was just looking at the list of fragrances when this set caught my eye. Plus it was going for rather cheap so I naturally thought, ooh bargain, SCORE! It's the Yves Saint Laurent Baby Doll Eau De Toilette Miniatures Collection and it was going for USD29.50. It's a set of 4 7.5ml miniature bottles of all the YSL Baby Doll EDT variations. I honestly have never smelt the line at all but I could not resist the cuteness of the package. Hope they smell good, if not, it'll make great gifts :D

Since I now had 6 items in my cart, that meant I was eligible for an additional 5% discount. I got a cumulative 17.5% discount. In total, I spent a lil below 100 dollars for my side of the purchase. I'm pretty pleased with that. The items just arrived at my home in Homeland today and my sis and I were vid chatting as she did the honours of opening up my package. Aside from my colleagues' stuff, I told her to bring my Jane Iredale compact and the Benefit eye cream when she comes up to Workland next Monday. I am particularly desperate for the eye cream after my niece, Sophia, told me just a few hours ago that under my eyes was, and I quote her verbatim, SO BLACK. I totally lol-ed when she made that comment, boy that really hit the mark! Thanks so much, niece!