Tuesday, August 9, 2011

July's Shopping Expedition #4 - my Egyptian obsession

When it comes to accessorizing, something that I realize about myself, I love to go for Egyptian-inspired pieces. The aesthetic of the Egyptian motifs appeal strongly to me for reasons I can't explain.

A couple of months ago, I got a Jewelmint deal where the site was offering a $59.98 value gift card for half off. Since pieces on the Jewelmint site all retail for $29.99, that basically meant being able to get 2 different pieces for the price of one. I got myself the gift card and immediately used up one credit on the Trinity bracelet which I did a post on a couple of months back.

Since then I haven't gotten anything from Jewelmint as none of the pieces called out to me. Until last month when the site featured the Scarab Ring. From the name itself you can obviously guess what it'll look like but I'll post pics of it (screen capped from the site) anyways:


I fell in love with this ring on sight and i didn't even have to think about it at all, I just went ahead and got it. Fast forward a couple of weeks and it arrived today in Homeland along with most of the stuff I already did a post on below. My sis was opening up the packages today and she immediately wanted to lay claim on the ring. The pic below is of her modeling the ring (whilst simultaneously flipping me off, lol):


It looks gorgeous! I can't wait to wear it!