Monday, August 8, 2011

July's Shopping Expedition #1


I coveted the dress. It looks so deliciously "untacky" and I had sat on my desire to own it for about a month already. Clothing with animal prints are tricky. The line between sublimely gorgeous and complete tacksville is very fine. This F21 dress hugs the line of wild sophistication perfectly.

I had seen another "untacky" leopard print dress at Dorothy Perkins during my trip back to Homeland where I attended a "7 Habits of Highly Effective People" seminar last month. The design was not strapless like the one above but was a tasteful sleeveless long dress with a front knot twist detail. Hang on, I'm sure I can find an image of the dress somewhere.
And there it is. Love how the simplicity of the design compliments the wildness of the print. Anyways, I would have gotten it if there had been one in my size but alas, that dress and I were not meant to be. Good thing too since the DP dress, at roughly 50 bucks, is nearly twice the cost of the F21 number I got. The cute dress I ended up getting cost me $24.80.

To qualify for the whole free shipping thing I am so obsessed with, I of course had to get some other stuff. There was a Yellow Tag deal going on for the striped French terry blazer. It was going for USD15 and I decided why not. It's tres cute, I'll find something in my extensive wardrobe to pair it with. Out of the 3 shades, I felt the oatmeal/black pairing was the best combo.

Next I decided to get myself the self-tie slub knit tunic in white. I have been trying to find the perfect white top to pair with my F21 Chanel-esque cropped tweed short-sleeve jacket and I figured this could be it. I have already gotten the most perfect black tunic to wear with the aforementioned jacket but I need a white top so as to "expand" the range of the jacket. It's a black and white tweed jacket, ain't a lot of combos that will make the grade :)

I also decided to get a pair of espadrilles. I have been trying to find some cute flatforms and though the shoes I got are actually just normal espadrille wedges, the difference in height between the heel and the platform isn't that much. I found the simple design of this covered toe shoes just perfect to pair with my casual dresses.

And last but not least, I thought I'd get myself some cute tortoiseshell frames. Well, the frames kinda have a leopard-y feel to them. If it's not clear as yet, I am going through a leopard print phase right now. I plan on replacing the lenses with custom lens once I go get my eyes checked. Yes, it seems that my eyesight is failing me a tad now that I've turned - well I've gotten older-er than I was last year :D

Total damage caused to my Amex - USD76.90. But since the USD forex rates are damn well crappy the past coupla months, it just makes shopping online relatively cheaper all around. As I type, my F21 package is somewhere in the air perhaps, flying from Hong Kong to Homeland. Or it could be in Homeland already getting sorted. Either way, it'll arrive to its destination sometime this week. Can't wait!