Friday, August 19, 2011

the handbag covet list

This post was actually created on 15th January 2011 but I never got around to finishing it because I just became tres lazy. What else is new, huh? Anyways, I finally got round to it and instead of posting it back when i thought it up, I figure I might as well just put it up in the here and now. Without further ado, I present - Zlena's Arm Candy Covet List.

Okay, I have a lot of handbags and I know there are better (and more meaningful) things to do with my money but I can't help that I covet handbags. I have been going through the list I keep in my head, lol, and have had it whittled down to the ones I covet the most. This is simply a wish list and I am not targeting any specific bag to purchase this year if at all. It's more of a if-the-opportunity-arises kinda situation. I'm gonna make sure I'm done paying off my Miu Miu first though (Which I already did back in May! This is retroactive posting :D)

1 Yves Saint Laurent Muse




2 Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche







3 Balenciaga Giant City (in Anthracite to be specific)





4 Marc Jacob Quilting Stam



5 Rebecca Minkoff MAB Mini



6 Linea Pelle Dylan Messenger (in espresso to be specific)



And thus ends my covet list. I like how it's a mix of high end as well as designer brands. It makes me feel good that I'm not a complete snoot when it comes to my leather arm candies. I can still rock the less than thousands as well as the bleed my wallet dry types :D I'm sure my Corso Como Payson and my Fossil Vintage Reissue II can attest to that. Anyways, the specific models are perhaps not set in stone. Like the Balenciaga, I have been wishy-washying between getting the City or the First or the Town. I haven't fully made up my mind in regards to that. And perhaps some will remain just that, a bag I covet. I might not necessarily get them either because they are no longer being made or I might not want to. The YSL Rive Gauche has been discontinued and so has the LP Dylan messenger. Whatever is available in the market right now is what's left of their inventory. Well, if the time comes.....

DISCLAIMER:
All images came to me via Google Image :) I do not own them.

UPDATE:
One down, potentially FIVE left to go.....

Ummm, I kinda have something to confess. Alright, in the spirit of full disclosure, I do own a hand-me-down YSL Rive Gauche which I got a coupla months back when my sis gave it to me. She got herself a new one in noir and gave me her old one that is the exact shade above. The condition of the bag I got is still pretty good but the leather does look like its on the worn side. But that's why I love it, that it has that worn look, like it's lived and seen things - like it has history. Lol, well it has lived and seen things and has history. I toted it around Paris and London during my sojourn there back in '09. Like I mentioned above, this post was dreamt up back in January. I guess I'll just strike out YSL Rive Gauche because however I got the bag, the point is I have one already. I never did say that I had to purchase each one on my own, right? :)

So, TWO down, FOUR MORE LEFT!

UPDATE (31/12/2011):
Well two more down! Got myself a Stam in Purple and a Giant City in Parme. I know it's not Anthracite but I reserve the right to change my mind in terms of colours :D