Wednesday, August 17, 2011

the countdown begins.....

In about a months' time I will FINALLY get to see my contemporary music idols in concert at the Singtel GP race this 25th September! So in anticipation of said event, I have to of course start making my prep in terms of how I'm going to look whilst rocking out to Linkin Park, hehehe.

And what better way to show LP how much I adore them by wearing apparel sold by the band itself. I had made the decision to get some official LP tees when I was confirmed to go to the F1 race waaaay back in late March. I had been looking around the site and had seen a couple of designs that I liked but since I had a lot of upcoming traveling in my schedule, I decided to hold off getting anything in case I could find a store where I could just get the stuff off the rack.

Trying to find official band tees is difficult in this part of the world for some reason. I guess in the age of digital downloads and whatnot, music stores are hard to find and what more about selling band merch. I even looked around during my Hong Kong trip but could not find a place that had what I wanted.

Anyways, I finally took the plunge last week and ordered my tees off of the site. Yup, that's correct - TEES - as in plural :D Figured since I was already spending on shipping, I might as well get more than just the one. I'm glad I waited till now to get the shirts cos when I decided to buy, the site had a "Back-To-School" promo where if you buy 2 tees, you'll get an additional free of equal or lesser value. Most of the tees are priced at 25 bucks so basically it's 50 dollars for 3 t-shirts. Seems fair to me.

The main one I wanted to get was the t-shirt Mike Shinoda designed for the Japan tsunami relief fund - the Linkin Park Japan Relief Butterfly Girlie T-Shirt. I wanted to buy something that would at least help out in any way possible. When I browsed the site back in April, there were numerous sizes for the ladies version but only XL left now. I got it anyways, lol. It's for charity and I figured I can wear it like an oversize tunic tee. I have no idea how big a ladies XL is so I'm crossing my fingers that I can manage to style it accordingly.

The next tee I got I decided to get one that would have the current concert tour mentioned on it, which is the Linkin Park A Thousand Suns World Tour. I wanted to have a record of which year I got to see them in concert. The tee I went for is the Linkin Park Black Hole T-Shirt. It's just a simple black tee with the LP symbol and on the back it has "Linkin Park A Thousand Suns World Tour Two Thousand Ten And Two Thousand Eleven" printed on it with Linkin Park symbols underneath. I got this in a mens' size small. Aside from the Japan relief butterfly tee, the selection for girls' tees are not very appealing so I made the call to get the guys styles instead. I'm hoping S will fit ok cos sizing is tricky. I have no idea if the tees follow the standard sizing cos if you look at the band, some of the dudes are like super skinny so....

Last but not least, for my free tee, I decided to go for one with the band photo on it. I decided to get the Linkin Park Mirror Photo T-Shirt which is described as a teal t-shirt featuring a mirrored band photo and logo printed on the front. However, either the photo of the tee is waaaay off or whoever is in charge of the t-shirt description doesn't know their colours - that does not look like teal to me, that's more like olive is it not? But anyways, I like that this is not basic black like the other two.

In total I spent $55.99 for the order. Although international shipping was available, I decided to get it shipped to my Portland addy so as to save on the shipping costs since I do have my Spiegel order being shipped there as well. It would have cost me 20 over bucks to get it shipped to Homeland but to Portland it's only costing $5.99 to get it sent there. It's possibly going to cost me just as much to get my shoes to Homeland so instead of 2 x 20 plus dollars, it's possibly going to be just about 30-ish to get all my stuff to Homeland. And that's inclusive of the $5.99 that I'm paying to get it to Portland. Anyways, right now the status of my order is "Order Being Processed" which it has been for the past 5 days. My card has already been charged. I emailed them just now to find out why it's not yet been shipped. The whole point is to get the shirts before the concert and I actually want to get them when I go back to Homeland in 2 weeks time.

I'm flying direct to Singapore from Workland so would really appreciate the peeps who are handling the site to get my order through and shipped ASAP so I can actually rock those tees when I'm in the Lion City :D

DISCLAIMER: All images screencapped from the Official Linkin Park online store