Sunday, November 13, 2011

F21 - Vets Day Haul :D

As much as I'd like to say I managed to restrain myself, I just won't. I didn't so why bother lying, let's just celebrate the brand new things I purchased.

On 11.11.11, I got an email from Forever21.com. In honour of this auspicious date as well as Vets Day, they were giving an 11% discount on normal priced items on the site. Also, there was a BOGO free promo going on for Sale items.

I had been browsing through the site the week before and had seen a number of things of interest. But at full price, I was still sane enough not to just click 'Checkout'. I was actually waiting for Black Friday or Cyber Monday but since a discount code from Forever21 is hard to come by, I thought I might as well just go for it. I'm starting with the normal priced items that were eligible for discount.


The first thing on my 'Vet Day Get List' (hehe), was the open front kimono style jacket. This satin-y jacket has a front draped shawl collar and an allover dusty-pink/brown ethnic-inspired print. The kimono-stle sleeves are 3/4 length. It retailed for $27.80. I just saw this jacket whilst browsing and thought that it would go great with the Premium Denim flared jeans I just got (which I am totally in love with btw - totes RZ vibe).

Next was the ruched sleeve jacket. I know, I know, I have blazers aplenty but I just can't help myself. I am still in search for the perfect boyfriend blazer so anytime I see a black blazer I usually end up getting it in the hopes that it'll be 'THE ONE'. Ok, yes, I realize I am pinning too high a hope on this F21 blazer to be it :) But at $27.80, it's still pricey enough to warrant such lofty aspirations.

The third get was love at first sight. The tuxedo inspired blouse had me at 'Hello' - if it could speak, of course :) At $17.70, I think this blouse is a total steal. It comes in a cream-black combo, this sheer blouse with contrasting collar and sleeve caps has a 6 button closure down the front center and two buttons at each cuff. It also has an optional tie at the back of the neck. I saw this and was immediately smitten by it. Tres magnifique!

Last of the discount haul is the Divine Rights Of Denim Bootcut Jean. This is my first pair from the Divine Rights of Denim line and I am quite excited about it. I wanted a bootcut style and I saw this as ticking all the right boxes. With an RRP of $27.80, it doesn't hurt the wallet too much either.


Now we come to the BOGO free purchases. The first one was the raglan burnout tee. I'm in need of some casual tees to hang out in and thought this fit the bill perfectly. At $8.99, it was a steal. And I do like the cute colour combo of grey and pink. To round out the purchase, I decided to go for the french terry pants in navy. It was going for $8.26. I also needed a pair of lounge pants so these definitely were affordable enough.

In total I spent $99.05. The order has been shipped to my Portland addy and should be arriving there later this week.