Monday, November 21, 2011

Sephora's Deluxe Fragrance Sampler

Ever since I've known about Sephora, one of the things I've always wanted to get is the Sephora Deluxe Fragrance Sampler For Her. I would dream about the day I could step into a Sephora and get myself the kit. And even though I have access to Sephoras in my neck of the woods now, the unfortunate thing is - this box is made for the US/Canada market only. It totally sucks how some products are only available Stateside, y'know?


What's so special about it? Retailing at 50 bucks, it's basically a set of 12 fragrance samples of Sephora's bestselling women's fragrances plus a refillable fragrance atomizer. Pricey right? Oh, I forgot to mention that includes a voucher for a full-size bottle of the fragrance of choice :D.

When my sis went to the States at the end of last month, I had given her 100 bucks and a list of things I wanted but could never buy via comGateway due to their liquids restrictions. I ordered a few stuff from Bath & Body Works and this sampler kit. I wasn't too hopeful about her being able to score this fragrance sampler because from what I've read, it sells out pretty fast. But lady luck is on my side as most of the stuff I ordered, I've gotten and this Sephora favourite is one of them.

This years' kit includes the following 12 fragrance vials:

- 0.05 oz Bvlgari Mon Jasmin Noir Eau de Parfum
- 0.05 oz Clinique Happy Eau de Parfum
- 0.05 oz Coach Poppy Flower Eau de Parfum
- 0.05 oz Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue Eau de Toilette
- 0.05 oz DKNY pureDKNY Verbena Scent Spray
- 0.05 oz Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gioa Eau de Parfum
- 0.03 oz Givenchy Very Irresistible L'Intense Eau de Parfum
- 0.06 oz Gucci Guilty Eau de Toilette
- 0.05 oz Juicy Couture Eau de Parfum
- 0.04 oz Marc Jacbos Daisy Eau de Toilette
- 0.05 oz Prada Infusion D'Iris Eau de Parfum
- 0.05 oz Versace Bright Crystal Eau de Toilette

From the list of twelve, there is a voucher from which you can choose which fragrance you want in the full 1.0 oz size. I told my sis that when she found this kit to immediately buy it, open it and redeem the voucher for the full size bottle as this promo is only valid in the US. Yup, even the Canadians who get this have to cross over to the States to be able to redeem their vouchers :) And the fragrance I ended up with:


I have actually sampled this before at my local Sephora back in Homeland so I'm happy with the choice. I had told my sis to pick between the Prada Infusion D'Iris Eau de Parfum and the Coach Poppy Flower Eau de Parfum and apparently the Coach Poppy Flower won by a landslide. I honestly have no clue what the Prada Infusion scent is like and my choice was superficially based on price - the Prada EDP was the most expensive of the bunch :D

I have no clue why I got this other than that I've coveted it for so long. I still have more than 3/4 of my Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau Fresh not to mention my Hilary Duff With Love is still more than half full. My Gwen Stefani LAMB perfume is close to finishing though. Anyways, it's not such a big deal. I can save the Coach Poppy Flower for when I finish one of the other fragrances I mentioned :)