Wednesday, November 23, 2011

uh-uh, this is not your daughter's jeans!

My attempts at silly humour aside, I will readily admit - my shopping these past couple of weeks is out of control. So much so that I have loudly proclaimed to nobody in particular - I will not buy any new clothes in 2012. Yes, I am always making bold proclamations, let's not judge and just be supportive of this latest enthusiastic declaration :)

On to the point of this post. Was BBM-ing with my sis while she was Stateside and she kept raving about the jeans brand Not Your Daughter's Jeans. I have seen the ads in the magazines and whatnot but when compared to other premium denims, Not Your Daughter's Jeans hardly register with me. So when my sis started on and on about how the jeans were great and slimming and makes her butt look fantastic and how much I would love these jeans too, I just said that I'd wait to try hers on first before deciding if I concur or otherwise. The price she quoted me was a bit of a turn-off too - the average price of the jeans is over 100 bucks a pair. I haven't reached that level of consumerism just yet - I'll pay the ridiculous amounts for handbags but clothes not so much. I was thinking I'd try on my sister's jeans, see if I liked 'em then wait for one of the sample sites to host the brand for a discount god only knows when.

Well, apparently, when was that night itself and the discount was a lil over 50%. Did I try on my sister's pair yet? No, she is somehwere up in the clear blue sky right now. At 49 bucks per pair on HauteLook, I could do without the trial. And so I ended up getting myself a pair of Not Your Daughter's Jeans in the style Miss Courtney.


It's a bootcut (I know I just got a pair of bootcuts from F21, sigh) with 2 flap pockets at the back. I got it in the same size as my sister in the shade denim. I'm hoping that if I am not quite as enamoured by the brand as my sis, she'll take it off my hands :) Hopefully that won't happen and I'll love it like she does. I was reading the listed description and one of the things mentioned is the Lift Tuck Technology. It is supposed to hold your stomach in, lift your butt and reshape your curves to make you look and feel a full size smaller. Once I get 'em on, I'll deliver the verdict whether it's a yay or nay on the claims :) There were a number of styles on offer but this was the one that I felt looked the most stylish. The rest, if I'm being completely honest, looked rather mumsy. But what can you expect from a brand that's named Not Your Daughter's Jeans, no?

After all is said and done, the total paid inclusive of shipping and handling is USD56.95. Even with the S&H costs included, I save $61.05 as the RRP for this style is $118.00. I am hoping the jeans ship soon as my F21 stuff just arrived to my Portland addy and I want to have al the stuff shipped together. Anyways, here's hoping my second foray into premium denims will be a success!