Friday, November 25, 2011

hopefully my one and only Black Friday haul *fingers crossed*

The title says it all.....damn you Forever21 for having a Buy 1 Get 1 Free promo for Black Friday! Sigh, am glad my declaration was no more clothes for 2012 cos if I had simply said no more clothes for the next year I would look like a total fool now wouldn't I??? Hehehe, I anticipated myself succumbing to Black Friday fever and that's why I said the no more clothes rule will be imposed beginning 2012. Seriously, I don't think I need anymore clothes, I've bought too many as it is.

But on to the more frivolous side of this post - my Black Friday haul! In total I spent $75.77 for 9 items. Isn't that a score?!?!?!? Btw, score is the word du jour at the mo - I seem to describe every bargain I get as a score. So, first up on the list is this totally pretty and whimsy watercolour-ish splatter print tunic.


It was on sale for $11.99. It's a sheer, lightweight woven tank which features an abstract print with a tiered construction and a keyhole button in back. I got this as one of my 'Free' gets.


The next item that I got is this sleeveless multi-tiered top. This sweet racerback tank was the 'Buy' purchase and I paid $15.99. I think this style is one of the most flattering for women. The tiered constructions hide a multitude of 'sins' so to speak and it truly gives off a romantic vibe.


Then I decided to go for this mid rise dirty skinnies. Like I've mentioned in a previous F21 haul post, I think that was for the Labor Day sale, I am currently totally obsessed with this cutting. I just can't seem to stop buying this style. I also can't seem to stop buying denim apparently as well. This was a 'Buy' and was also $15.99.

The 'Free' get that I got with the jeans was this tiered lace skirt in nude. It was selling for $13.99. Honestly, I have no idea if this will actually get worn :P I feel like it looks great and all in the pics but reality might not be so flattering.


Anyways, this longline knit and lace skirt is also in a tiered design. It has an elastic waist, is lined and is lightweight which would make it travel-friendly. I hope this skirt does not disappoint.


My third 'Buy' is this paisley maxi dress. Yes, I am a maxi dress hoarder, I will admit to that. This also retails at $15.99. I've always been partial to paisley designs so this was a no-brainer choice when I was trying to round up my purchases to USD50 to qualify for free shipping. It truly comes across as a very pretty dress.

The last 'Free' get is this belted flutter sleeve dress. It goes for $13.99. This black and white floral print cap sleeve dress features a round neck, elasticized waist, A-line skirt, and flutter sleeves that extend down to the waist.


As can be seen from the image, it has a decorative peekaboo accent on the front neckline. The same style can be found on the back. It comes with a black braided skinny belt with a leatherette buckle. It's a lightweight, unlined, fun and flirty woven piece.


Then comes these two really cute faux pearl bracelets. I got this firstly because I think both will greatly compliment my new Tiffany charm bracelet and secondly, it was a 2 for 5 bucks deal.


Look at how flirty and whimsical the pieces are. The bracelets came in four different hues but I simply love the two shades I chose. I think these two look the classiest out of the bunch.

And last but not least, a gift buy for my sister who celebrated her birthday yesterday. She chose this gorgeous Peplum Rosette blouse which I certainly would have snagged if I had seen it first myself.


But she saw it first :) It retails at $22.80 and I said I would fork out the shipping to Homeland as well.

So I am hoping the sale will go through - I forgot to get these via my F21 app and paid directly online which has always resulted in my orders being cancelled. Well, cancelled prior to my EVER being able to get anything from the F21 site. Now, that I'm a regular customer with them, I might have a slight chance of this going through :)