Thursday, June 3, 2010

am NOT feeling lost, just mightily disappointed

WTF?!?!?! WTF! WTF, WTF, WTF!!!!!

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT LOST FINALE?!?!?!? THAT'S HOW THEY DECIDED TO END THE SERIES?!?!?!? ON THAT NOTE?!?!?!? I WANTED OMFG MOMENTS, NOT WTF ONES!

OK, so I've vented my intitial reaction of the ending. Well, honestly, what I did was let out an audible "HUH????" after the white light closed on Jack's face. Then came the wtfs'. I knew I was not going to be happy with the way things ended based on the snippets of info I was unable to avoid prior to watching the finale but that was just.....unspeakable. I don't feel like I came away feeling resolved. I don't feel as if there was a conclusion. I feel that was just pure bollocks!

Now, I need to go online and read those articles that explain the series ender cos I have to admit, if there was some kind of enlightenment that was supposed to occur after watching that, it went beyond me. I cannot believe that the showrunners want to get away by telling me that the everyone on Oceanic 815 are actually all dead and that the whole show was about these souls trying to reconcile themselves with the fact that they are no longer alive. Is that what you were trying to tell me JJ Abrams, Damon Lindelof and co???? What the hell was the last six years about then? Why the hell were they made to endure the hell that is that island? Is it because it IS their hell? What are the mystical numbers that made Hurley a millionaire about? What the heck is that light in the heart of the island? What do the caretakers of the island, from Jacob's mom to Jacob to Jack and finally Hurley, have in common after they drink the voodoo-ed water? What the hell is the black smokes name? And most importantly, why was there a polar bear on a tropical island? What the hell was the point of the show? I knew expectations were running high and it would have been impossible to satisfy everyone but I can't help but feel cheated, nay, robbed, of the time I invested watching this series and am unable to get at least some of the implausible stuff I was made to swallow answered. AARRRRRGGGGHHHH!

I'm not sure if I just didn't get it or it IS the crap ending that I believe it is.

Why LOST? WHY?!?!?!?!?