Saturday, June 12, 2010

my Iceman is getting the hang of things

F1, Schmef1. Kimi, Kimi, Kimi. I am so proud of you, babe! In the past 3 rallies you've contested (Jordan, Turkey & Portugal), you've finished in the Top 10 and scored points.

But to, right at this very moment, be leading the Rally della Lanterna in Italy is simply A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! You are just unbelievably talented, Kimster and you always manage to reaffirm my commitment to you. Granted, you're on more familiar territoy competing on asphalt but to do this officially 6 races in on your first official WRC year is a feat that's beyond words for me.

Kimi Raikkonen, you are a total rock star driver!

UPDATE (13/06/2010):
At the end of the final stage, KR came in second to score his first podium and the first one-two finish for the Citroen Junior Team. I'm proud of my Iceman. In his first rally year, to be able to finsih on the podium and in your first asphalt contest, that just speaks volume of your talent. The guy has no experience racing a rally car on asphalt and beat his more illustrious teammate Seb Ogier for most of the weekend. Granted, he lost his massive lead but it's okay. It's all a step in the right direction. You keep going, Kimster!