Saturday, June 12, 2010

these are a few of my favourite (new) things

What would my days be like if I didn't indulge in some online shopping?

Boring as hell is the answer that comes to mind. Anyways, these are some of the new stuff I got myself. I've been really testing out the limits of the AMEX Platinum. So far, Haute Look and Kohls is a no go. Such a bummer cos I really wanted to get the LC by Lauren Conrad sequin cardie and I hate being denied when I'm trying to give an online store money.

However, below is a collage of the things I DID manage to get from various sites on the luverly Internet.


The first pic from my Latest Online Shopping Spree (the first letter of every word spells LOSS which I find tres amusing since it signifies the loss of money from my pockets :D) is of the Kenneth Cole Tri-Fold wallet. Yes, I know I have a perfectly beautiful Bottega Veneta but this faux leather wallet has a compartment to stuff my N97! I love that. I can't stuff my smartphone into my Bottega. So a point goes to Kennneth Cole for the ingenius design idea to incorporate a smartphone/iPod/iTouch compartment into a wallet. Plus, I love the kisslock coin purse and the fact that there's a cajillion card slots! And for the low, low, low price of 15 bucks, we have a winner! Ding, ding, ding, ding! 15dollarstore.com, you totally rawk!

I talked about the next item in the collage a number of times this year. That, my friends, is the Necessary Objects boyfriend blazer I have been totally lusting over on Overstock.com. In the colour du jour. I've only recently (as in the past week) been looking around for a grey blazer. And was COMPLETELY STOKED to get my hands on my declared most perfect boyfriend blazer. BUT I got mine not from Overstock.com but from the 15dollarstore.com site. Yup, that's right folks. My coveted blazer cost me a mere 15 bucks! Love it! Love it! Love it! This is what makes online shopping the bestest!

Another great buy from 15dollarstore.com is my Necessary Objects Banded Waist Maxi Skirt. Also a 15 bucks purchase. If it's not clear yet, 99% of the stuff on the site cost a mere 15 bucks. The site caters to Juniors size clothes and most of the brands featured are in the high end of Juniors dress. Anyways, I have been looking for a long black skirt to wear with peasant blouses and in this one, I've found it.

I also did a lil bit of shopping on Newport News. Got myself the white tunic at the end there. Also got one in Dahlia, a purplish pink hue. I love how the cut of the tunic is so romantic with the pussy bow at the neck and the bell sleeves with the pleats. It's just so darn feminine. And for the 38 bucks total I paid for the two shirts, completely W-O-R-T-H I-T!

Last but not least is my first purchase off of Forever21. The web site, that is. I love how I got this military inspired vest for the bargain price of USD9.99. It is just such a cute piece and I'm happy I managed to get my hands on something military for my closet. Been coveting a military piece for some time but never found one that I wanted to really put money on for this trend till I came across the Relevent Military Vest on the F21 website.


The pic above is stuff I got when I experimented shopping on sample sale sites like Rue La La as well where I got some Spanx stuff. The Slim Cognito Seamless Tank in nude and the Hide & Sleek Mid Thigh Smoother in nude. The tank retails for over 70 bucks while the shorts/pants are about 56 dollars. My total was $69 inclusive of shipping. I was definitely a happy camper.

And thanks to AMEX Platinum and comGateway, I am finally able to shop at Gilt and this is what I got!


During the Just Cavalli event, I got myself the metallic leather lizard embossed clutch in silver. I dunno why it's called silver when the colour looks more dirty gold to me. I decided to get this clutch cos I don't have an appropriate dinner type accessory and I have plans to rock this during my gal pal's wedding this October. It cost me USD119. Which is a reasonable amount to pay for a Roberto Cavalli diffusion line product.

So I've been happily aiding in shoring up the US economy by doing my small bit of online retail therapy. At this present moment, I actually have 4 items in my Wal-Mart cart, inclusive of a second Miley Cyrus + Max Azria knit blazer, but am wondering if I'm overdoing the shopping a tad since I did some brick and mortar buying today (got myself a nice foldover waist maxi skirt in olive and two Ella Moss-inspired tunic tops in grey and violet/fuschia). One thing I know for sure is that I have to stop buying blazers. It's the singular piece of clothing that I simply hoard when I can for reasons unknown to myself and the world at large.

UPDATE (15/06/2010):
WOOHOO! Spanx stuff and Just Cavalli clutch already in Homeland. Also, Newport News package containing my two tunics has arrived in Portland. F21 vest is shipped but no clue to whereabouts. Now, all I need is for 15dollarstore.com to not hold the fact my US addy is a freight forwarding service against me and just ship the items I got already. The site emailed me for addy confirmation. I gave a reply, so fingers crossed, they'll just accept the explanation I gave and just approve the buy already. If not, one less store I can shop at. I'll be disappointed though, really want that blazer :(