Friday, March 29, 2013

2013 birthday haul numero dos

I can't exactly remember how I got around to finding this site but I think it was when i was looking for other ways to shop the makeup brand CARGO. Thus, BeautyBay entered my life. Once I registered with them, they found out my birthday lands in March and thus sent me a 10% discount. Without it, I definitely would not have gotten the stuff. The prices are okay, I just wasn't in the market to be getting any makeup per se.

Anywho, I ended up hauling the following:


My main aim - getting myself a repurchase of the CARGO blu_ray HD compact in 30. I am hitting pan on that one, soon I'll be out. I figure it last roughly 3 months with constant daily usage. It'll probably last even shorter if I retouched during the day. BeautyBay is a UK site and thus, some of the prices are slightly higher than if I had gotten them Stateside. What it does have going for it is that it offers FREE international shipping so the couple of dollars more I have to deal with is canceled out by the fact I do not pay comGateway through the nose.

Now I really should not have bought that Urban Decay Naked Weightless foundation but I was convinced by itsjudytime from Youtube to give it a go. I hesitated to get the drugstore Revlon Nearly Naked foundation when I had a 30% discount from drugstore.com which brought the price to just $6.99 but for something that cost over 30 dollars, I sure caved in fast when offered a 10% discount. My maths is all screwy, hehehe. I got this foundation in the shade 6.0 - the same as itsjudytime. I know I didn't need anymore face paint - I still have a load of BB creams and foundations to go through. I'm currently alternating between a combo of my Lioele BB cream + Tarte Maracuja foundation OR my Murad Anti-Shine primer + Too Faced BB cream OR my ELF Tinted Moisturiser + Clinique BB cream combo. My fave pairing is the Too Faced/Murad combo but since I am really running light on the Too Faced BB cream, I have decided to get all my other face bases into the mix - I need to use them anyways otherwise they'll go bad and that's a whole lotta dollars being thrown into the garbage!

Lastly, I have been eyeing that Urban Decay Naked Basics palette and just decided to go for it with my 10% discount. I don't need anymore eyeshadow palettes (or singles for that matter) since I only wear eyeshadow when I'm playing around with makeup or on a fancy night out but I just could not stop myself from wanting this collection of neutral, matte shades. So I got it!

All in all, this is what my bill looked like:


The total is really comparable to US prices so I was very happy to get the stuff for what I got them for and get them with free shipping. I'm just hoping they arrive in one piece. Or perhaps I should worry that they arrive at all cos there ain't any tracking number! Here's to my package of lovely makeup goodies arriving!

DISCLAIMER:
Images screen capped from BeautyBay and collaged by moi.