Friday, March 29, 2013

2013 birthday haul numero seis

This is more of a virtual buy. On 2 seperate occasions, Zinio gave me first, $5, to spend and then an additional $10. With the first free credit, I decided to get a 10-issue subscription to Teen Vogue - who cares if I'm not a teen, the stuff in there is still pretty much relatable :p. I had to top up $4.99 after credit was applied.


Then when I got my free tenner, I decided to make the most of my dollars and go for one of the Zinio 2-for-1 subscription deals. It's where you pay for a years' subscription but get 2 years. I looked through the available titles and settled for the, admittedly, more age-appropriate More magazine :D I was again charged a mere $4.99 as the cost of the More subscription was $14.99 for a 20-issue sub.


Although I am able to find magazines in PDF format for free online, sometimes I do enjoy paying a little to get higher quality virtual mags, especially if Zinio keep on throwing free credit to me. In fact, recently, about a month or so ago, I suddenly got my Nylon subscription renewed FOR FREE! Who can honestly say they don't appreciate getting nice surprises like that? Plus, that totally encouraged me to buy more subscriptions from them. Currently I have 5 active magazine subs with them, three of which were actual purchases. So by doing promos like these, Zinio totally kept me as an active customer. Plus, digital mags mean I am helping to save more trees, hehehe.

DISCLAIMER:
All images screen capped from Zinio but most likely belong to Conde Nast publications. I do not own the images AT ALL. Oh and just wanted to say I <3 Connie Britton - loved her in FNL, loving her in Nashville :)