Friday, March 29, 2013

2013 birthday haul numero uno

Birthdays come along once a year. Completely justified for one to totally indulge onself. Haul numero uno comes from local Homeland shopping site. Said site was kind enough to offer moi a 20% discount for my birthday and I spent it on the following gorgeous confection:


This outfit is called the Jovanita and is a piece by a well-known local designer named Jovian Mandagie. I have always kept where I come from a loosely guarded secret but in this case, I'm giving credit where it's due. And thank you to Zalora for compounding my online shopping habits - I feel like Homeland is receiving packages from them every week :D My mom surely thinks so. This lovely piece cost me about USD105 after discount. It's likely the priciest piece of clothing I've actually ever gotten.

I was trying to spend above a certain amount, roughly $115, to qualify for a cashback voucher (which now that I'm talking about it, I did not recieve for one reason or another) so also got this cutesy dress in a red/black combo. The image I have is only of the black/red piece since by the time I got around to screen-capping the stuff, the particular one I got was all sold out.


I think this lil tuxedo-ish inspired dress from MiL is adorable. It cost me about 17 bucks. I feel dropped waistlines is a flattering cut on me and I simply feel this will be a worthy addition to my closet.

Last but not least - another pair of shoes. This was actually a recent purchase. The site was having a 13% hour-long discount promo and on top of that if you paid via paypal, you'd get an additional 10% off so I figured I'd get these bow wedges by Larrie for work. The Jessica Simpson wedges I have are actually coming to their death - so sad, I've had them less than a year! And I don't want to wear my nice, patent Kelsi Dagger pumps and have them destroyed too in the harsh environment that is Workland. So synthetic leather Larrie wedges will be the workhorse that I wear to work soonish.


They look comfy and I'm crossing my fingers that they will be comfy. Those Jess Simpson shoes are all broken in now but the initial breaking in period was rather hellish on my left foot - tres painful. When my feet expand during the day, they still feel a slight twinge. These look like the upper is more pliable. I'm definitely hoping they are. After all discounts applied, I paid around 25 smackaroos.

So that's haul no 1 from Zalora done and dusted - now off to birthday haul no 2!

DISCLAIMER:
All images are from Zalora, I own nothing but the words I typed. Do I even own that though?