Saturday, March 2, 2013

just 5 minutes for a cake fix? sign me up!

Now I know the whole 5 minute choclate cake recipe has been doing the rounds for years but it's only recently, thanks mainly to best gal pal in Oz, that I got to try out the most successfully delicious and moist 5 minute microwave cake. And this recipe that I followed is courtesy of the incredible, Not Quite Nigella, whose food blog I have now come to love A LOT. Anyways, this will take you to the exact page where you can find your 5 minute tops chocolate cake fix recipe.

Some samples of my microwave baking forays.....this is version 1 with a scoop of Dairy Queen peanut butter ice cream and a drizzle of homemade caramel sauce - YEAH, THAT'S RIGHT, HOMEMADE CARAMEL SAUCE, cos that's how I roll :p


And this is my second attempt done the next night. This time around, I decided to top it off with some whipped cream but as the cake was piping hot, the whipped cream melted hence the puddly creamy mess. Nonetheless, totally delicious, cream seeped into the cake crevices, YUMMERS!


I've gotten microwaved cakes so, utterly wrong in the past. It's really as NQN has mentioned, it's all about the setting and timing. I think a common mistake is putting the microwave on High or Med High when Med is what is called for. If you want rock hard cupcakes, go with High, you'll achieve it in no time, hehe. I have to note though that the convenience of making this happen is very much a danger to your waistline (and in my case, hips as well, sighs). So, just, in moderation, y'know. There's that saying, "A moment on the lips, forever on the hips". Lol.