Sunday, March 31, 2013

i'm such a nerd

I'm so excited about my Magic Bullet Blender system. It just arrived on Friday in Homeland and I cannot wait to get my hands on it. I've hyped it up so much in my head that I can't even manage my expectations of the product anymore. I've read the negative reviews and whatnot but it still doesn't dim the complete and utter ridiculousness of my over-the-top enthusiasm for my new kitchen appliance. Trust me, I'm too obsessed with it and I haven't even gotten it yet.

In the spirit of my forthcoming culinary marvels, I have systematically gone through practically every single Youtube video review that uses the Magic Bullet blender and the stuff I've found - making coconut/almond/hemp butter, ice cream, mousse, butternut squash soup, slimming smoothies, etc. - they all have me very excited to try out everything I've watched.

I've gone through the "Do's & Don'ts" of the blender by reading the myriad comments made by people who own this system and I hope I've covered everything since I want to be one of those "success stories" who have a fully functional Magic Bullet 10 years on :D Yes, i know I sound nutso.

I also feel this might be a great meal replacement helper. The amount of green smoothie videos I've viewed can make one's eyes go cross-eyed but I'm really excited to get on the whole healthy smoothie movement. Based on some comments I've read in regards to the cross blade used for making smoothies, I decided to invest by getting an ice shaver blade from Amazon for $13.61 sans S&H. Apparently this specialized blade makes the drinks smoother and crushes the ice so much better than the default cross blade that comes in the set.

Looking at the set itself, I know it comes with a traditional blender jug but what I'm hoping is that the set I got also has the juicer attachment so that I can attempt some juicing as well. I read the reviews of the juicer attachement on Amazon and it wasn't good but I feel like a lot of the reviewers were trying to juice products that were too hard. For me, I would likely stick with items that has a softer consistency like mango, oranges, watermelon, etc. I think that if you stuck with these type of fruits and not attempt to juice something too hard like beets or whatever, the juicer might actually work really well.

Okay, I could keep going on the whole Magic Bullet thing. I just hope that the blender lives up to my very high expectations :D