Sunday, March 3, 2013

making mushroom melts on home baked bread

My sis and I were gtalking online awhile back and she introduced me to the wonderful world of Closet Cooking. We went through his posts, all the while oohing and ahhing at the many iterations of grilled cheese sandwiches he comes up with. I'm especially enamored by the idea of a buffalo chicken wing grilled cheese sarnie.....ummm, the thought is making me salivate....anywho, I came across his recipe for the mushroom grilled cheese sandwich aka The Mushroom Melt and I immediately knew I was making it - I so happened had all the ingredients including my own homemade wholemeal bread - c'mon gimme props for making my own bread IN A CONVECTION OVEN! I only made it the one time, it's hard work kneading dough manually, I really should invest in some dough hooks for my hand mixer then perhaps I can make more of my own bread.

Cutting to the chase.....


Hehehe, it's like TIWFM has become a cooking blog or something what with the crazy amount of food pics I've posted in the last couple of hours. Honestly, I actually have a love/hate relationship with being in the kitchen. I love testing new recipes, trying things out of my comfort zone and whatnot, however, the part I dislike is how time-consuming the entire process of making something is, sometimes taking hours at a time, and when it comes to scarfing the whole lot down - MERE MINUTES! It completely aggravates me that all that time I spend making something, all that effort, just goes in 20 minutes max when I'm pacing myself :)