Saturday, March 2, 2013

making Pampas's Spinach & Mozzarella parcels

Last weekend I was looking into the freezer trying to see what could I make to clear up some space in that ice box when i saw myself staring at this -


I had the fillo pastry sheets in there for awhile now and knew that if I kept 'em any longer they were gonna dry out and harden to the point of no return - hence it would be garbage-bound and I wasn't about to dump an 8 dollar box into the rubbish bin if I could help it! Okay, I had already used some to make some McDonalds-style apple cinnamon pies so I had already used it but there was still quite a bit left. And considering I had a large bag of frozen spinach available to me as well as a bag of mozzarella, well, the parcels practically made themselves! Okay, it didn't, I really had to spend more time than I wanted making those parcels, hehehe. Anyways, VOILA!


*End Scene* It turned out pretty well considering I really wanted to murder the fillo sheets while trying to layer them on top of one another. I served this with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of garlic pepper.