Sunday, January 11, 2009

detoxing and exercise

I am very exhausted. From detoxing and exercise.

I started my green tea based detox plan on Friday night and have regularly been drinking the tea twice a day after meals. I've drank detox teas from other brands where I never quite manage to finish the product cos of the taste but this brand I'm using doesn't have a funky taste so it's been a very pleasant experience. If regulating bowel movement is the aim of the tea then I have to say that it's been working great. However, during work days, since I do not wish to hog the bathroom at the office, I will decrease the intake just to once a day after dinner when I am safely ensconced in the privacy of my own home.

Also, I pushed myself to exercise for a little more than 2 hours today, a combination of jump ropes, step aerobics and television. The only way I was going to distract myself from thinking about how much time I'm spending to exercise was by watching some tv. I kept telling myself, "Another 5 minutes" or "Ok, wait till it goes to commercial", then the next thing I realized it's past 2 hours. And my body has now gone all jelloid. But in a good, pleasant way. Hmmm, pleasant must be the word of the hour, I've used it twice in this post :)

I also tried to eat healthier and made some salmon burgers for dinner the past two days using Bumble Bee's Alaska Pink Salmon and a recipe I got from their website. I have to say that it tasted mighty fine :D Although for breakfast I did whip up some banana walnut pancakes and topped them off with a scoop of rocky road ice cream so maybe my healthy eating efforts were for naught.

Anywho, it has been a quiet yet enjoyable first weekend on my own (despite the cold, windy weather competing to top the Santa Ana winds of California).