Sunday, January 4, 2009

this chapter is closed

Well, I've waved goodbye to her, no tears people, we're all adults. Well, maybe our eyes had a little sheen to them but we were strong and just hugged, said a few words and made our peace. And now I have returned to my suddenly very empty apartment. I am understandably a bit upset and feeling more than a little sorry for my sudden state of girlfriend-less aloneness but that's life.

I'm doing a bit of mourning right now and then I'm going to brush it off and carry on. Can't be joined at the hip forever can we? So although I'm commiserating my current predicament while preparing to eat my deliciously executed (if I do say so myself) 2-Step Savory Chicken dinner, recipe courtesy of CDKitchen.com (submitted by one Karen from Iowa, USA), I'm going to hold up my root beer float and propose a toast, to new adventures and greater experiences, bring it on 2009!