Sunday, January 4, 2009

great normal simple saturday

I had another fantastic day. For the better part of 2008, it's been rare that I get uninterrupted weekends but since my mega project is coming to the end of the implementation phase and we are on course to full fledge launch, my responsibilites have lightened somewhat. Aside from a bunch of reports due which I had done just before I started this post, I am quite scot-free and loving it.

Despite this being the last weekend I have a roomie in my apartment before she leaves to start a new life as a full-time wife, it's been a great saturday. My fab soon-to-be ex roomie and I spent our last few hours together doing all types of girly activities, a last hurrah before she goes off and leaves me all alone in a foreign country. All things considered I'm doing fine, I have had since May when she tied the knot to get used to the idea of staying on by myself and being the only gal in the team but as the countdown nears, of course I am a lil bit on the emo side. After being in each other's hair for the past 7 years, now to go to communications via email and perhaps the occasional phone call is going to be tough but we'll manage. Bonds have been forged and they won't be so easy to break.

Ok, so we spent a lot of time at the local malls. Spent a wad of cash on clothes and some essentials for the house (just moi). Then we booked ourself an appointment for one hour of shiatsu massage. Completely heavenly! Ate a late lunch at a tapas bar and headed off home. After a bit of downtime where I worked off, hopefully, a third of my tapas consumption and had another leisurely dip in my Creamy Candy accented water, we arranged our projector and had one of our infamous movie nights complete with white popcorn with chedder cheese. We watched 3 movies in succession; "My Best Friend's Girl", "How To Lose Friends And Alienate People" and "The Duchess".

It's now midnight and we're exhausted, headed for bed. She doesn't know about this blog and I am unlikely to tell her but I just want to express how thankful I feel to have had her along with me throughout our uni days and for practically my entire professional career. I hope this new adventure she embarks on will give her everything she wishes for in life. I love you, gal, you will be soooooooo missed!