Tuesday, January 13, 2009

i officially disheart barnesandnoble.com

My experiences with their customer service rep is like a trip to the dentist- numbingly painful. Pulling teeth is the expression I believe.

In the past 2 weeks I have communicated with THREE different reps and all of them say something conflicting. The first email reply I received seemed helpful enough. Madelyn, the first rep, conveyed their apologies and gave me 2 options of having my original order fulfilled or have them credit back the amount as well as providing me a prepaid Merchandise Return Label to send back the wrong book at no extra cost to moi. I chose to have them fulfill my order. After responding to that email, suddenly I have George coming into the picture apologizing for the miscommunication on the first email and to check with my local post office if the book has already arrived. I had to explain my situation again, copying Madelyn's reply to me and stating how I want the issue to be resolved. Yet today, I received another email from one Steven who apologizes again for everything and now wants to know if I want to keep the book or have them credit back the difference and if I want my original order fulfilled then I have to place a different order with them. What happened to the option of just sending my order and me sending back the wrong book? I want to communicate with Madelyn.....she was nice and simple :(

Now, I have options I don't want and I am extremely annoyed. The situation is deteriorating into bedlam and I have no idea why B&N does not just assign one person to deal with my problem. I should have never bothered and perhaps that is their strategy. Give you the runaround till you just roll over and play dead. So to speak. I cannot articulate it any better than this, therefore, taking a page out of Tina Fey's Golden Globes '09 acceptance speech for best actress in tv (or something to that effect) and with a little bit of paraphrasing, "barnesandnoble.com, YOU SUCK BIG TIME!".

Sigh.