Wednesday, January 7, 2009

i owe an apology to.....

Chester and Mike for prematurely dissing their vocals during the Projekt Revolution Milton Keynes concert in June 2008. Ok, whomever were responsible for the sound editing on the audio release of the concert should seriously look into the job they did on that album cos in the concert dvd ALL OF LINKIN PARK WERE FAN-F*#@ING-TASTIC!



I recently got the 'Linkin Park: Road To Revolution (Live At Milton Keynes)' dvd and LP were completely ON-FORM and incredible. The entire atmosphere was crazy awesome and I can only wish I had been apart of it. The crowd was beyond huge and totally great, they definitely sang better than the ones in 'Live In Texas' during the crowd participation segment, in my opinion anyways :) I loved how they slowed down 'Pushing Me Away' and how they mixed lyrics from Fort Minor songs into Linkin Park staples. And of course, the 'Collision Course' material performances with Jay-Z ('Numb/Encore & 'Jigga What/Faint') was incredible. Best part was the drum solo during 'Bleed It Out', the drumming was AMAZING, I have never seen a drummer do that many beats(?) that fast and sound fabulous at it. His hands and feet were working all over his drum kit, what a complete multi-tasker, it was just jaw-dropping to watch (if it isn't clear yet, I have a major crush on Rob Bourdon so I can talk him up till I'm blue in the face). All in all, you can really see the maturity of their performances between this and 'Live In Texas'. Both are great recordings along with the 'Collision Course: Live At Roxy Theatre' and 'Live at Rock AM Ring' but I will have to say that this is my favourite recording of them so far. By no means is it perfect as Chester has moments where he strained to reach the notes but if you have been touring for the better part of 2008, I'll cut you some slack, the moments were few anyhow. This video also gave a fair share of coverage among the band members and that was one of the things I loved about it as a lot of people forget that the lead singers are only a sum of a band's parts and to be able to appreciate the roles of the other guys in the band was something I enjoyed.

So this DEFINITELY gets 5 STARS, TWO THUMBS UP and my sincerest apologies to Chester and Mike.