Wednesday, January 7, 2009

i totally covet.....this Kenzo kimono dress worn by Cate Blanchett


My first coveted item of the year 2009 is this Kenzo kimono-style dress worn by Cate Blanchett at one of the many promotional events she attended for SK-II in Japan. Cate was invited for a visit to the land of the rising sun to learn more about luxury skincare brand SK-II's history and their signature ingredient pitera after being made the SK-II's new global ambassador. All reasons why Cate's in Japan aside, the dress she is wearing is simply gorgeous!

The stunningly simple yet breathtaking design and beautiful colour combinations make this dress a hit with me. I love the cinched waist and how the skirt flares. The images of the dress were taken from a January '09 issue of a fashion magazine I was reading and that was the best shots I could take with my camera short of scanning the magazine which I was not about to do as that's just too much unnecessary work. I tried to find better images of this dress online but there were none which I found quite strange. I am unsure when this promo tour took place and if I am right and this took place sometime during the tail end summer of '08 then most likely that dress is not one from a current Kenzo collection or if it was a recent event then this dress might be part of the S/S '09 collection. But season schmeason, a gorgeous dress like this one does not conform to just spring, summer, autumn or winter. It's a dress for all seasons!