Tuesday, July 27, 2010

am going through one of those nights

It's been a while and I wished that it would have stayed away but alas, it is not to be. Here we go again. It's my PMS week and I am having mucho trouble going to sleep. I felt sleepy earlier and had gotten ready for bed, switched the lights off and then just lay there.

Once I realized how futile my attempts to fall asleep were, I just gave up, got up and started playing dress up with my wardrobe :) Yes, I'm still a little kindergaten girl at heart.

I just got the most amazing open slub cardigan. Three of them! In navy, dark choclate and charcoal grey. I am completely loving them! The design makes it look like blazers. And I know how much of a blazer hoarder I am. I might go and get a few more, maybe this time one in black, dahlia and beige. Or green. I dunno, I'm just excited there are multiple options (is stating multiple options an oxymoron?). Anyways, they look great with work pants as well as when paired with maxi dresses. I've been trying to come up with the perfect maxi dress-blazer combo but have almost always failed to get it just right but with these cardie/blazer hybrid thingamajig, I have finally managed to strike a stylish balance. Tres magnifique!

Aside from that, my Vince Camuto "Edon" Wedges/Rue La La order has shipped to Oregon. My Mario Badescu/Gilt stuff is already in Oregon but, last I checked, awaiting delivery to my US addy. My KMart stuff is waiting for the other stuff to arrive before I can get 'em shipped to the Motherland. I also went on eBay and found myself a spare lamp for my Epson S7 projector. That cost me USD99 (around USD115 with shipping) which I was EXTREMELY happy about since other places I checked out were mainly in the 150 bucks onwards range. Also, the rest of my Lush order was shipped Homeland-bound yesterday so I hope I have that to look forward to when I take that trip home next week. In fact, I should have all my goodies arrive while I'm back. The thought makes me very, very, very happy.

That's about all the new happenings since I last posted. Nowt much going on although work was really stressful this morning. I'm overseeing a colleague's responsibilities while he's on his annual one-month trip back to his Homeland and am barely tolerating having to do his work on top of my own; counting down the days to August 1st when he will be here to relieve me of my torture. Then last week, I got the news that he is extending his stay for another month. Which means I'll be babysitting his job for another month. Despair! I wish I could get mad at him for it but I can't. He underwent minor surgery back home for a pre-existing condition and is having a bit of trouble recovering so how can you begrudge that, right?

So, I will keep on soldiering on, in life, at work, awaiting the 6th of August when I will be jumping on that aeroplane headed for home. Even if it's just for 5 days and I actually have to go to work Friday, Monday and Tuesday. That doesn't matter, seeing my family is what's important. I miss all of 'em :)

Ooh, I have a new song I'm obssessed with - Rascal Flatt's Unstoppable. Yes, yes, I know this came out last year but I hadn't watched the episode of CSI where the guys from Rascal Flatts guest starred so I hadn't managed to appreciate the awesomeness of the song till then. Not to worry, Lee, I still love your rendition of Use Somebody. I think your best version yet was during your performance in Philadelphia. You sang it beautifully then, it was gorgeous :) But I'm resting your vocals and giving Rascal Flatts a chance to wear out their digital voices. Yes, late at night I do tend to get weird. And I'm off to try sleeping.....