Tuesday, July 20, 2010

man, i'm really feeling it tonight

Well, thought that after I expelled all my feelings regarding my work worries that I'd be able to sleep soundly but I guess that that's not all I'm feeling melancholy about.

Aside from the glass of iced white coffee I downed after dinner tonight (big mistake I realize now), I'm now feeling a bit blue about not having a boyfriend. Hehehehe. Yes, Ms I'm-Loving-The-Singleton-Life is feeling a bit nostalgic for the days she had someone to talk to on the phone in the wee hours of the morning.

I find it tres amusing. I guess it started cos my family is in town to visit. I was feeling nostalgic for life at home. Then it morphed into this whole lack-of-love-life thing cos I took my niece to the site office and people kept thinking she was my kid. That got that biological clock of mine slightly ticking. Which leads to the whole no-boyfriend situation :) LOL. It's really funny when I see it in print.

Anyways, I finally realized the craziness of it all when I suddenly became aware that I was missing Lee DeWyze. 1, 2, 3, 4....yes, let's all explode into bouts of incredulousness at my complete lack of hold on reality. And Leon James, if I were you, I would be a lil afraid right now. Lol. Ok, that's totally not it. I have a thing about being obssessed with certain music every year. 2007 AND 2008 belonged to Linkin Park's Minutes To Midnight and subsequently their whole discography. 2009 was a collective of Muse's Supermassive Black Hole, Stiff Dylan's Ultraviolet and Linkin Park's New Divide. This year is the voice of Lee DeWyze ESPECIALLY when he sings King Of Leon's Use Somebody. I can listen to him sing that one over and over and over, the whole day through, I have no idea why. That being said, I was simply having withdrawals of not listening to his singing. I have listened to him everyday since the beginning of May and of this past weekend, for some reason or another, I wasn't. Still wanna call me crazy? Ok, go ahead, it is a lil nutty I guess :)

Ok, let's just move onwards from that. It did get me thinking that I was wasting those feelings (the missing feeling - irrespective that I missed his voice and not the person himself) on someone who will NEVER know I'm alive (and whom I may not even like if I really got to know). So instead, I decided to go on Facebook and reply this message from this cute guy I knew back during my pre-university days. A week ago, he had found me on FB and added me and I reciprocated. He immediately sent me a message but I didn't bother answering till I had my moment of weakness just now. After doing that, I decided to look at the page of this guy I dated way back when and with whom I've always remained friendly with though it has tapered off after he married. I was surprised to see he just got a baby girl as of a few months ago. I don't know why it surprises me since he did marry back in 2008 anyways. That bore the thought that this could have been my life. Which I guess is basically me having baby pangs rather than man pangs since I keep feeling this way when there's a baby/kid involved. After all, the whole thing with this guy didn't work out cos I wasn't interested in him enough then and that hasn't changed now so it's all good in the end.

Bottom line: am still enjoying my life well enough not to tie myself down, pangs notwithstanding. The pangs will recede :)