Saturday, July 24, 2010

forced to do a makeover

*Grumble, grumble* The title of the post says it all...I was forcibly made to change my blog's look by TheCutestBlogOnTheBlog.com.

It's not much of a biggie as I make it sound :) I'm guessing that the background image I was using was retired so I just went over to their site and picked a new one.

My initial blog background was a sea green floral motif. Very girly and I continued with a feminine theme when I went all pink on myself with the last background. So this time I thought I'd go for a more neutral shade. I was in a retro kinda mood and the whole oil paper look seemed like a throwback to school days art class. I was also attracted to the swirls of colour on the right. The multitude of bright shades makes me feel peppy instead of monotonous. And somehow, the blobby shapes remind me of flowers, butterflies and peacock feathers; all things that I find attractive.

Well, I'm really digging the wrapping paper feel of this new look. Here's hoping it's another year before I'm "forced" to do another change :)