Tuesday, July 13, 2010

raise your hands if.....

Option A
You love sipping overpriced fancy coffee on wet evenings
No? Just moi? Lol. Yup, it was raining steadily for most of the afternoon and I got off work and went to pick up some work stuff from this printing house but it wasn't ready. Instead of whiling my way in front of the shop and whipping myself into an annoyed frenzy, I thought I'd rather go to Gloria Jeans and drink some pricey caffeine concoction while reading mags/surfing net. And I thoroughly enjoyed my small Choccie Macadamia Latte. Evey $3.20 drop of it :D

Option B
Your favourite pastime is spending copious amounts of money buying anything and everything from online retail sites
No? Again, it's just me then? Yup, I caved, I could not resist the power of Lush and those solid shampoos. But it's ok, I managed to rope in my sis to share with the cost. I set her up and she walked right in and fell for it, MUAHAHAHAHAHA! Ok, the shopping (and fsncy caffeine) high has obviously short-circuited some of my brain cells.


We got two solid shampoos each. Both of us went for New, I then went for Godiva and she went for Squeaky Green. Since we were trying to take full advantage of the GBP15 shipping cost for packages weighing less than 1kg and our weight was only 0.27 for the 4 solid shampoos and 2 free shampoo bar tins (yup, it's buy 2 solid shampoos and get a shampoo bar tin for free, ladies and gents!), we decided to scour the site a little further. I found myself getting the Breath Of Fresh Air toner and my sis went for the Herbalism cleanser.


I'm quite excited about my side of the purchase cos I have wanted to get these solid shampoos for the past 2 years. I really like the idea of the New bar as it purports to help with hair growth. As we advance in age, the hair fall rate increases and I'm just trying to help myself out for the future :D I got Godiva cos it is a 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner bar that received primarily rave reviews. I was also looking for a toner. I know I already bought the Mario Badescu Special Cucumber Lotion but since that is only shipping in mid-August and my current toner is going to be finished soon-ish, I thought I'd get Breath Of Fresh Air in the interim since I'll be going back Homeland in early August and can pick the stuff up then. I read the description and reviews of this toner and if it really can do what it says it should do, I'll be extremely happy and a fan for life. Reduction of pores....I don't have a problem per se but I do want the pores in that area on the sides of my nose to be miniscule and if you can visibly make 'em look smaller, I'll love you :)

I think I'm pretty much done for July. I can't fathom what else I can buy. Though knowing me I always manage to lust over something. I've got my Newport News, my KMart (yay, it's being readied for shipment), my Epson projector, my Lush stuff and my Mario Badescu stuff. I think I've spent roughly about $584 dollars just shopping for me, myself and I. There comes a time when even the frivolous know when to say, "Okay, enough already"