Wednesday, July 21, 2010

just found this sweet yet hilarious

My last blog I talked about a guy that I barely even remember speaking two words to, finding me on Facebook and adding me as his friend. Right after I reciprocated, he sent me a message to say thanks for the add, it's been a while since we saw each other and that I looked the same since our pre-uni days. A while is an understatement...it's been 10 years :D

I didn't reply him straight away, I try not to encourage this whole keeping in touch via Facebook thing with mere acquaintances seeing as my last attempt in February ended up being quite disastrous. But like I mentioned in the post before this one, was feeling that boyfriend tug and thought I'd relieve the itch, so to speak, by replying to this guy.

I responded in kind, saying that since I did know him, the add was no biggie and I was happy he reached out after all these years. I flirtatiously (as much as one can via words) inquired if my not changing much all these years was a good thing. I also said that he looked as if he hadn't changed much either. I nearly went as far to say that he had filled out in a good way but since I'm not after anything but superficial compliments on my looks, I thought it best to leave it at that. After sending it, I kinda had a pang of regret. I felt I shouldn't have been so transparent.

It worked anywyas. He bit and replied by saying that it's definitely a good thing and that it must mean I was happy that I managed to maintain such a youthful look. All I have to say that if this is true, "Thank you God Almighty for the great genes you have bestowed unto me!". Then he was all "Aww schucks" about his looks, being all self-deprecating.

Since I was a bit intrigued as to why he would suddenly want to get in touch with me, I decided to be honest and say that as far as I was aware, he was very quiet when I saw him in our lecture hall and I don't actually recall him speaking to me. I also said that what I did remember was that he used to hang out with these two other dudes and I always felt they were a lil judgy about me.

This is a screenshot of his reply to me:


Firstly, no idea why the message is in the future since it's still July 21st where I'm at. Ok, back to my point (if I even have one). Not to be tooting my own horn or anything but I will admit that I wasn't wont for admirers during my one and a half year matriculation stint. At one point, my roomies made a count and there were 8 different guys declaring their affections for me. I never pursued any of them as I had broken up with G, my first boyfriend, at the end of the first semester, and was most likely holding out hope of a reconciliation. The reason why Juan's confession surprises me into laughter is because we really did not say anything to each other. I just recall my seeing him and thinking that he was this cute tall guy in my lecture hall but he always seemed to give off stand-offish vibes to me. Then at the end of that first semester, he transferred out to a different college closer to his home state to complete his matriculation.

So, why would I have had such an impact, if any at all, in this kind of situations. Don't get me wrong, I am truly flattered and humbled (oddly) but it does beg the question, "Why?"