Friday, July 30, 2010

what's happening on July 30th?

Well, in the States, today is their National Cheesecake Day!

I love cheesecake and think it's great that there's actually a whole day dedicated to celebrating this dessert. Although I am not in America, I unwittingly found myself participating in the celebration as well.

As a gesture of apology from colleague Y due to an argument we had yesterday regarding a misunderstanding in which he was completely at fault, he got me a box of Sara Lee Raspberry cheesecake. I had mentioned in passing to him a week before while we were in a supermarket that I've been wanting to try Sara Lee's frozen baked goods for some time now and that come pay day I wanted to get the cheesecake. I totally forgot about that conversation but apparently he hadn't.

Though I am still majorly pissed at him, I still accepted his peace offering. At first I told him I didn't want it but then there was 10 minutes of my refusing and his asking me to take the cake till I finally relented and just gave in. This doesn't mean I am going to easily sweep things under the rug. I think he thought I'd be so touched he remembered that I'd act as per normal and not give him the cold shoulder. Buddy, you were so wrong :)

It gave me great pleasure to see the surprise on his face when I kept refusing. Serves him right. It completely pisses me off that he keeps allowing his personal feelings to cloud his professional judgment and yesterday's thing was the last straw for me. I refuse to roll over and play nice this time. I'll hold a grudge as long as I can so it'll teach him a lesson not to be so quick to draw conclusions.


Anyways, Sara Lee makes great cheesecake. It was surprisingly good, I truly enjoyed it. I mean, it may not be the Reese's Peanut Butter Choclate Cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory that Lee DeWyze got first dibs tasting yesterday but it sure was some mighty fine cheesecake for frozen food :)