Saturday, July 10, 2010

the kmart experiment

When extremely bored, I shop. Ok, let's be honest, it's a pastime for me so bored or not, I like to shop. Period.

Again, in my efforts to test the boundaries of my AMEX card, I decided to check out KMart.com and see if the wonderful powers of AMEX and comGateway would enable me to purchase. I just finalized a purchase and so far, everything looks good. However, I am having a feeling that my order might be cancelled sometime in the not too distant future.

Anyways, the reason I was on KMart was because of Selena Gomez. I was electronically flipping through the August issue of Seventeen magazine (yes, I realize I'm in my late twenties but really, there is no age limit to enjoyment of fashion) and saw this really cute nautical inspired blazer from her KMart collection. Hence the virtual trip to KMart.

I didn't find the blazer but I did manage to find a nice heather charcoal light blazer for $17.99. Now, to make a shopping expedition truly worthwhile, you need to get more than one item. Therefore, I found a pair of white slim fit pants for $12.99 and this 'bluffy' Cougar-town inspired wearable balnket (?) and fluffy slippers for $2.99. Inclusive of shipping, the total was just a little over 40 bucks.


I'm truly liking the look of the blazer with the less formal material ala my Walmart Miley Cyrus + Max Azria and the paisley cuffs are totally cute, IMO. I've also been wanting a pair of white slim cut jeans but was not willing to pay a lot for a pair. These Attention Women's Slim Fit Jeans I got are just within the price point I am willing to part money with. And yes, I do realize the fugliness of the wearable blanket sack I got but the zebra print one I originally had in my cart was most likely sniped while I was trying to find other stuff I liked and the peace signs seem cute. Plus, it's just for me to sit around the house at night in, who really cares if it looks like that. It's a mere 3 bucks.

I should be done on the clothes front since I have finally gotten the grey blazer I've been hankering after. It does depend on the order not being cancelled though. But I will be turning my attention towards getting some beauty stuff now. I've been lusting over Lush's solid shampoos for quite a while now and since my parents are headed to a relative's house in Perth, I was thinking of getting some Lush Australia stuff shipped on over to their place. I'm interested in the Godiva and NOW! solid shampoos as well as the The Greeench deodarant powder. I'm looking to go less chemically in my beauty products and Lush has a great rep for producing great products that are vegan and chemical-free. I'll be looking them over carefully before I make any decisions. Ooh, and so far no bidders yet for the Epson S7 projector I'm watching. A little over a day left before the auction ends, hopefully I'll get it :)

Right, need to go shower, I have a night out and my ride is coming at 6 for pick-up. Totally not feeling it but it's a business-y thing. Sort of like a bonding dinner. Which is why I need to go. Toodles!