Saturday, July 31, 2010

sisterly charms

I would say that I'd count my sisters as my best friends. Despite the big age gap between the two of 'em and moi, I like to think of myself as my parent's happy "accident", we are super close and we do rely on each other for everything and anything.

To symbolize our relationship and friendship with one another, we've been mulling on a piece of jewelery for each of us to invest in. Naturally, the jeweler of choice is Tiffany & Co as they make quality and timeless pieces. The best part is that the pieces usually can be interpreted to mean different things to different people.

At first we all thought about getting gold Tiffany charm bracelets and adding one symbolic charm every year. However, that would be a costly investment for some of us, namely my sis with kids, so we put that idea on hold for a while.

Until yesterday when my eldest sis suddenly came up with the idea to get the Tiffany Keys Heart Key Charm & Necklace in Rose Gold. I have to admit, although a gold necklace isn't my first choice, since I'm wearing two yellow gold chains as it is, but this piece in rose gold looks truly pretty. And for the relatively reasonable price of USD475, it's not too burdensome on the purse strings for all of us.


I was thinking that if wearing 3 gold chains is excessive, I might just wear it bracelet style, wrap the chain around my wrist and secure it with the charm. Might work, have to see the piece in person first though. But anyways, it's truly a viable option. I like it. Perhaps this will be my first Tiffany piece.

Disclaimer: Pic is courtesy of Tiffany site.