Monday, July 5, 2010

body wooooeees

There are moments when being a woman really irritates me. A prime example, those times when I'm feeling completely unattractive and looking in the mirror just makes you want to either cover it or perhaps, more aptly, cover yourself.

I am soooo having a FAT weekend. I was standing in the hotel bathroom on Saturday night and looking at myself and I just couldn't help thinking/ruminating the fact that my hips look a size up from the rest of my body. Thunder thighs was the expression that came to mind. Tree trunks also made an appearance in my head. It's really depressing.

I've always had a bone of contention with my hips. I'll admit that they are the part I dislike the most about my body. I was doing so well with the exercises and whatnot and I was losing inches off of them but all that didn't matter because when I glanced at my reflection, I felt as if all the work appeared for nought. Also a result of the PMS, I'm going through a spotty time with my chin, lol. I hate how hormones mess my body up like this. It is tres annoying and delivers blows to my self-esteem. Especially when you're actually making an effort to be healthier. Like I've been exercising and eating a LOT of veggies and then when my skin acts up or it seems as if my pants are a bit tight then it gets me down because I've been making a conscious decision to lead a more healthy and active lifestyle but all that work isn't (or perceived as not) reflected.

Ok, I understand there are more pressing issues in the world to worry about but these little things just annoy the hell out of me!