Thursday, July 8, 2010

new on the shopping front

Just bought something off of Gilt for the first time. Well, first time through my own account and not that of my sisters'. I had a $25 store credit burning a hole in my Gilt wallet and I've been wishy-washying on different events; clicking things into the cart and then abandoning them and whatnot. But today, the Mario Badescu event finally got me to spend my store credit (as wel as a bit extra). I've wanted to try this range of skincare for some time now but considering it is a bit on the pricey side, I always hesitated. The sales event on Gilt, however, offers a selection of Mario Badescu products for a good discout and I finally thought, "Why the hell not!" The items I got were the Special Cucumber Lotion for $20.50 and the Acne Repair Kit (Drying Lotion, Drying Cream & Buffering Lotion) for $37.00.


I'm not going through a particularly spotty period but I like to have these items on hand so I can pre-empt my PMS zits. I've always heard great things about the Drying Lotion but at 17 bucks was hesitant to put money down but with the Acne Repair Kit, I get the opportunity to try out a myriad of Mario Badescu products at a fraction of the price I would have had to pay for each product individually. I'm also in need of a toner since I'm running out of the Boots Tea Tree + Witch Hazel and thought this sounded good. I don't eat cucumber if I can help it but I like them in my facial products. Since the stuff is on an extended delivery timeline and will be shipped only in August, my AMEX charge card gets a bit of a breather from my other purchases this month.

Which is only the somethings I got from Newport News. I mentioned I shopped with them again in one of the more recent posts. Although while I was researching their shoe reviews I actually found disconcerting reviews of their service instead. They've been knocked down a bit on that front but they still get my business because my experience with them has been quite stellar. Items I got this time around were a kimono style cape-sleeve cardigan sweater in Olive and a pair of faux-leather platform clogs in Tan.


The main item I was lusting over were the platform clogs. I think they look simply cute chic. Then I decided I could not waste my one dollar shipping nor my 15% discount and searched around for something cheapie, coming across the cape-sleeve cardigan. I love these type of belted cardigans and this one in particular looks so comfy yet totally stylish. I decided to go for the more neutral shade of olive instead of the displayed orange so that I can mix and match the cardigan with existing tops and pants in my wardrobe.

I am thinking of taking a break on the clothes front since I have been buying quite a bit online. I might do one little visit to Charlotte Russe because they are having the most perfect oversized knit jersey blazer in charcoal grey that I want but the $30 price tag is what's keeping me shy. Other than that, am still waiting on the Epson S7 projector on eBay. That should really satisfy my shopping lust for awhile. Granted, I'd have to win it first :)

P.S: The Newport News collage images are courtesy of the Newport News site and do not belong to me but since I did some modifications I watermarked it. Same goes for the screencap of my Gilt order.