Wednesday, June 17, 2009

i heart my new Topshop shirts.....AND my gladiator heels AND flight tote

Yup, yup. I went, I saw and I bought without hesitation. The day after my sister's big gathering, I spent the day with her, running around town doing errands before my flight back to workland the next day. We spent a fair amount of time in the city centre, particularly at this one mall which houses the be all and end all of stores. A shopping mecca so to speak.

The day started of quite early, after picking up her day maid to clean up after the successful party the night before, we headed into the city. First stop was the dedicated IT mall. One of my colleagues wanted a mini notebook just like moi and I was on a mission to get him the best that USD500 could buy. And get I did. I got him the latest model from HP and even I was tempted to trade in my lil Netty for this newest one. But Netty lives to service me another day. Or coupla years.

Our next stop is one of my most faved shopping destinations. It has all the stores I usually spend my money at and is so convenient. It's actually just a 10 minute walk from the IT mall but considering I was breaking in my Mossimo Petrova gladiator heels (not so handy on cobbled pavements) and my sis was wearing her Christian Louboutin peep toes, we took the car. We were on a mission. My sis was in love with Fendi's latest "IT" bag, the Peek-A-Boo and has been going on and on about it since I landed the day before. As we were walking to the Fendi store, she told me that if they have the bag in black patent and it's less than USD3K than she will get it. The moment we entered the store, my eyes immediately zeroed in on a black Peek-A-Boo. I pointed it out to her, we walked over to it and 20 minutes later we were walking out of the store with a huge Fendi carrier. It was just fate that everything aligned for her to get that bag. I just also want to say that the service at the store was simply excellent. Some of the high-end stores can get real snooty but they were as friendly and helpful as can be.

And that's where we come to MY purchases. Well, after lunching on some exquisite sashimi which cost my sister's ex boyfriend a pretty penny, I left them to catch up and went on my way to complete my mission. I had earlier made an attempt but my first glance around before I was pulled away for lunch didn't come to anything and I was disappointed. But persistance pays. I went again and found the western denim shirt first. I had made up my mind, if I find the red tartan shirt that I would pick up both shirts but if I could only get the one then I wouldn't get any. Since I saw the denim shirts were in abundance, I sought the help of the sales girl to find my other coveted shirt. She had difficulty understanding what I wanted but in the end directed me to the floor below, which I had visited earlier. I thought I'd just go down and take another cursory glance and in the 2 minutes it took me to walk down the steps to the lower floor, my eyes landed on the red checked shirt of my dreams. Just the one shirt, I rushed over to it sooooo fast, I attracted the attention of the sales guy. He watched me take it off the hanger and told me that they had just put it there. Last piece, just off the mannequin. I gave it a try, a size 8. Perfect fit for my broad shoulders. I asked his opinion, he said it looked good (what else would he say right?). I took it up with me to the upper floor.

Once there, the sales girl who helped me earlier saw me and I pointed the shirt to her. Told her it was off of the doll and she proceeded to help me with the selection of the denim shirt. After trying the shirts on for size, I settled on size 8 again and she rang up my purchase. Since I'm a member of the Topshop franchise, I got a 10% discount of all nett items and collected some points. My total came up to about USD85 for both shirts. I am extremely happy with my purchases. They look great on me and are classic additions to my closet trandscending seasons. Simply timeless and great quality too. I can see them getting good cost per wear value :D

I think my new purchases are deserving of a small pictorial alongside my spiffy new heels and my fabulous Hayden Harnett flight tote. Am also wearing my 7 boyfriend jeans and my Promod leggings. Excuse the messy bed, I just got back that afternoon and, yes, my first priority was to take piccies of myself in my new clothes and accessories. That's how excited I was about my new stuff :D