Thursday, June 18, 2009

my unfortunate luck

I have always, ALWAYS, had problems with purchasing books from the online store of this mega bookstore in my country. I started buying from them at the end of last year. They have a lot of great online deals, like getting 30% off on the latest bestsellers, so during my first try I bought quite a few books and when it was checkout time, of course I'm paying using my trusty card but the payment fell through. So I had to email them and get them to re-process my order via a direct debit from my bank account. The second time I bought from them, again, the payment fell through, so again I had to email them and go through the whole process again.


Last night, I'm browsing around their site and I found three books that I've been wanting to read: Imogen Edward-Jones' "Pop Babylon", Candace Bushnell's "One Fifth Avenue" and Tasmina Perry's "Guilty Pleasures". All the three were 30% less which is always exciting for me so of course they go into my cart and at checkout, I attempt again to pay via credit card and would you believe it, the payment actually went through. Or so I persume. I can't be extra sure because for the longest time (I waited nearly 20 minutes) after I confirmed the payment, it kept on processing through the payment gateway and I'm wondering if the transaction id went through to the bookstore. I went to my issuing bank's online facility and checked that the payment has already been charged but when I checked my account with the bookstore, my status says payment pending. I am not sure if no one is around to update the payment status or whatever but I clearly dread emailing them again this time since my card has clearly been charged this time. Sometimes online shopping is such a drag!

UPDATE: Payment went through! YAY!