Sunday, June 7, 2009

no delight after all in turkey

Well that simply sums it up. I think I won't do a pre-race post after this. I feel like I may have jinxed him with all my talk about good starts and KERS and podium finishes. I'll just keep them thoughts to myself next time.

The race started, he lost 2 positions on the run to the first corner, mainly due to the potentially crash-inducing move by teammate Felipe Massa on the start and Kimi trying to avoid him gave Nico Rosberg an opportunity to pass as well. Then the camera panned away somewhere else but apparently Alonso then took a look and banged against him causing damage to his right front wing which also allowed Kubica to pass. So he effectively lost 4 places on the start.

At his pit stop, he had to change his front wing which dropped him further back than otherwise necessary to fifteenth. He kept pushing, finally managing to haul himself all the way up to ninth when the race ended. And if I do say so myself, shaving quite an impressive amount of time off of his gap to Glock during his penultimate lap.

The point is he tried. It wasn't for lack of trying. He did his best. Onto the British GP then in 3 weeks time. Let's just try to finish ahead of Massa. That little Brazilian prick is really starting to annoy the hell out of me with his low self-esteem issues. Stop being such an insecure runt, asshole! You don't have to keep on trying to make sure the whole world knows you're number 1 at Ferrari. Right now a number one driver doesn't exist there. You're both still fighting to be number 1 this season. Quit your complaining and talking yourself up and just shut up and drive. Take a page out of Kimi's book and shut your mouth more. The difference between you two is that Kimi is a world champion. What are you really? A pretender to the throne, that's what.

Ooh, looks like the zen has left the building. He just made me so pissed. Ok, never mind, the 3 points Massa collected were 3 points more for the team. Points are points. It's a team sport after all. Good job Ferrari :) We'll try better next race!