Friday, June 19, 2009

jumped the gun......yet again

Well, I really should take pause before I decide to come online and articulate the thoughts in my head into words. I apologize for complaining about the online bookstore's payment facility. Like I updated, the payment went through. In fact, the books have already been delivered to my home. I can expect to receive them here when my parents come up for a visit this Monday. I wholeheartedly heart online shopping after all :)

Yea, I'm wishy washy. It's ok. I think the freedom to change ones mind and also to own up to a mistake is one of the better attributes of being part of a civilized society. Can't wait to get my books. Still have quite a bunch I haven't read as yet but a 30% discount is kinda hard to refuse. Well, I simply don't refuse. I'm quite the sucker when I get emails from bookstores promoting online discounts or coupons. Just received a 20% off coupon from barnesandnobles.com. I'm actually thinking of getting Lauren Conrad's "LA Candy". I find Lauren cute. Love her sense of style most days and she seems like a smart young woman. She didn't drag out a reality tv career for longer than she should have. Got out when it was just the right time and is involved in many different endeavours as a result of said career. Reality tv star or fashion designer or author, Lauren Conrad wears her multiple hats with grace. I don't watch "The Hills", never even caught an epi before but I do follow a number of Hollywood celeb sites and what I've seen through news reports and images, I like.

Woah, didn't mean to go off on an I heart Lauren Conrad soliloquy. I don't heart her. I just think she's aight. Off tangent, will stop.

UPDATE:
Books weren't delivered in time for them to arrive with my 'rents on Monday. The bookstore called the house to ask if they could come by and drop off the package but it was time for everyone to leave for the airport and too late for the books to make it anyway. The site updated the status as delivered on Friday when it was clear that it hadn't left the warehouse. What they should have done was update it as shipped or processed (or something other than delivered) and then when the books had actually arrived, then only change the status to delivered. Stating delivered before the items had actually been delivered is misleading. I was disappointed not to have gotten the books cos I was really looking forward to reading "Pop Babylon". Oh well, my sis will be coming up for a trip in the second week of July and should be able to bring it along with her.