Tuesday, June 9, 2009

nutty for nutella

Just had my Nutella fix. It's lunch. Ummmm.....hazelnutty choclatey goodness. For the past 2 days that I've been sick, spreading a good layer of this on 2 pieces of wholemeal toast is the only thing that's been keeping me from starving. I understand it's probably not the best option for get-well food but it certainly makes tasting food bearable. We can thank the high sugar content for that.

But on a more postive note, since Nutella is low GI food, means that I don't feel hungry till its time to feel hungry and by that time I am ready for the next round of meds. If I remember correctly, I've had bread with Nutella for 3 straight meals: dinner last night, breakfast this morning and just now for lunch. Don't seem to be getting bored of it just yet and at least it is eliminating my usual mid-morning hunger pangs. It's even managed to squelch my cravings for daily hot choccie. I give myself about a minute after I'm finished with the meal and any additional/lingering food cravings disappear. I feel full. Good.

But I'll most likely be making myself some fish porridge for dinner. Get in some more substantial stuff. Like I mentined in one of my random posts this week, I will be boarding a plane this friday, I do not need to be held back for swine flu inspections. Plus, can't be ill when you're headed to a party right? Now if only I can stop the constant leaky faucet effect that's happening with my left nostril that would be nice :D