Tuesday, April 20, 2010

as i promised, i kept it

I made a point to watch the F1 race in Shanghai this weekend. It was exciting to say the least with the weather forcing the teams to play tyre roulette multiple times.

I did not know who was on pole until raceday itself when I decided to google the results. Was happy to find Seb Vettel was on pole and was thinking he'd be romping off to another win.

But alas, that's not what happened, for some inexplicable reason, Seb was slow off the start and that gave Fernando 'Jumped-The-Gun' Alonso first place after the first corner. Nando would get his come-uppance for his too eager start with a drive through penalty.

Rain intermittently falls throughout and come chequered flag time, it's J Button in first, a perplexed Hamilton in second (probably confounded why he's being beaten reapeatedly by his not-as-talented teammate, so am I Lewis, so am I!) and third again was Nico Rosberg.

It was exciting, I was thrilled to discover that I still felt the F1 excitement even though Kimi wasn't on the starting grid. Still got the heart palpitations while waiting for the five lights to go out, still did multiple rousing shouts to encourage various drivers to get on with it, still felt (mildly) disappointed when one or other driver I supported did not do as I had told them to do (such as press the accelarator, lift your bum and move that car faster!). All in all, a successful attempt at getting back into the F1 saddle post-Kimster. I did miss you though, Iceman. I truly did :)