Saturday, April 24, 2010

i'm surprised by how much has come true

It's one of those lazy Saturdays and I've been spending the whole morning going through my old posts. It's been interesting to see the way my mind works at the different points in my life and how I had them translated into words.

Anyways, I had forgotten about this post I did back in January listing the things I wanted. I was surprised as I read through my list of how many of them I've managed to get already. Even the ones I thought were beyond me.

In the shoes department, I already bought the nude pumps I wanted as well as received the Crocs Rio from my bro-in-law (my second sis's husband). I've also managed to get my hands on the perfect-for-me long, black, boyfriend blazer via eBay. It might not be the Necessary Objects blazer with striped lining I talked about in the January post but it is the most compatibly complementary cut for my body.

In terms of handbags, well, I predicted I would be able to realistically add the Mid City tote to my bag collection and that has been accomplished with my latest online shopping forays through Bloomies. When I wrote that part of the post, I wasn't even thinking about it for this year. It was general talk about what I could afford to get if I were to get anything. The colour might not be called Butterscotch but as long as the Camel shade is within the same hue, I'm completely ecstatic. I also managed to get a new long wallet as I had stated I needed and in a brand I thought I would never own. My Bottega Veneta portafoglio is one of the best highlights of my shopping this year thus far. I never believed I would get to own a BV piece, this year or at all, but my friend's trip to Florence proved that unrealistic targets can come true. And at affordable prices as well.

When it comes to sunnies, my sister is finally letting go of her Oliver Peoples Sofiane she got last year during our company retreat in Thailand. I'm getting it off her for USD100. I'm extremely pleased that I'll finally own a decent pair of sunglasses after I've had two of my own fail on me this year. The CK pair I got in '08 from the States broke on my face as I put them on back in March and the 3 dollar pair with the butterfly motif got scratched and has this awful and distracting line down the right lens which makes them unwearable. So to be able to get a second hand pair of the shades I have coveted for almost a year, I am totally happy.

I'm also on track for my June purchase of the Epson projector. I'm halfway there on the savings and can't wait to complete the budget I've allocated for it.

It really surprised me when I re-read my musings and came to the realization that I had half of what I wanted already in hand and it's not even 6 months into the 2010 yet. That makes me quite glad, I'm happy I'm able to fulfill my list and in a totally unintentional way. Things like the projector were set in stone and the blazer was a matter of finding the right one at an affordable price but the sunnies, bag and purse were just wishes I had for the general future. There was no set deadline for them. I'm just left surprised by how many of the items on the list I'm able to tick off already. It's a good thing :)